Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petzval lenses, Bigger is better

Petzval lenses, Bigger is better

i just thought i would post a few pictures to torture a few souls.....

i just found these......well, i will leave that for another story.

anyhow, just to give you an idea how big they are the one on the far left is a dallmeyer 2a , huge in it's own right.

the voigtlander (3rd from left. short one with the cap) is serial number 46xx. according to dan here: http://antiquecameras.net/blog.html it was made about 1853. this is a 16 inch f4 (or slightly faster, i need to check) petzval.

the 2nd from the left is ab H Hermagis Petzval. this is a very early #84xx. the "H" was only used for a few years. this is an 18 inch f4.5 petzval that is easily used in landscape mode. notice the threads on the hood? an interesting rare model for sure.

the big one at the left rear is a 28 inch f5ish E Francais petzval lens.

and we all know those big cone lenses.......this is a 24 inch f4 model. very nice lens.

i will be adding threads talking about the various lenses and their attributes in the near future. (i am trying to create a blog....can someone help me with this?). i will include better photos and videos for your viewing pleasures.

thanks again.

eddie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1828.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	96446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1830.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	96447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1831.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	96448
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Re: Petzval lenses, Bigger is better

Eddie - what kind of help you need with blog?

Pure torture indeed ...

24 inch Cone Centralizateurs make really nice baby bathtubs too. That's what I use mine for. You just remove the front element and configure it in "Paysage" mode (which means "bathtub" I if I remember correctly). Fill with water, and you can wash babies, dishes, whatever in the cavity!

Scott Davis

For starting a blog, my recommendation would be to sign up with one of the blog services like Wordpress or Blogspot. They provide the hosting, the technical stuff, and even a wide range of styling themes for your blog, mostly for free (depending on what you want to post, and how much you want to post... if you want to post video, for example, Wordpress will charge you $100/year). I use Wordpress for my blog and have been very happy with it. They make it easy to cross-publicize your blog on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, among other social media. Different blog hosts have different features, so I'd look into a range of options (Wordpress, Blogspot, Tumblr are the three that spring to mind most immediately). They also have more advanced options available if you're tech savvy and want to truly customize it or host your own.

Nice Hermagis Convertible. Just a twist and "presto" no need to remove the hood for the landscape meniscus function.
    Some of these are pre-Waterhouse stop era - so look for signs of adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    For starting a blog, my recommendation would be to sign up with one of the blog services like Wordpress or Blogspot. They provide the hosting, the technical stuff, and even a wide range of styling themes for your blog, mostly for free (depending on what you want to post, and how much you want to post... if you want to post video, for example, Wordpress will charge you $100/year). I use Wordpress for my blog and have been very happy with it. They make it easy to cross-publicize your blog on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, among other social media. Different blog hosts have different features, so I'd look into a range of options (Wordpress, Blogspot, Tumblr are the three that spring to mind most immediately). They also have more advanced options available if you're tech savvy and want to truly customize it or host your own.
    thanks scott. i would love to have videos too. my problem is how to link it to my eddiegunks.com page....if i even have to....

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

eddie,

From someone who has posted a blog for 2 years now and averaged 65 posts per year and has put in countless hours, it aint easy and you will have few followers unless you committ to rich and frequent posts...

Why not be a guest blogger for me

Dan

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    thanks scott. i would love to have videos too. my problem is how to link it to my eddiegunks.com page....if i even have to....

eddie
    Well, you can have Wordpress take over the domain for eddiegunks.com and replace the pages of your site with pages on the Wordpress blog, then it would all be consolidated in one place... or it might be possible to set up an RSS feed on eddiegunks.com and have it subscribe to your blog. Many ways to skin that cat.

Big Bend

Those lenses would be even bigger if they were in Texas! ha!