Thread: Jobo atl 1000 problem(s)

Jobo atl 1000 problem(s)

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem with newly acquired Jobo atl 1000. The processor is connected to domestic water supply. After switching it on the pump does not bring water inside nor any of lights are on. The only sign of processor being on is rotating mechanism, which starts as soon as I press the on/off button. Mechanism is however rather weak and slow and if i leave 2531 drum inside it stops after a minute or so, in slowing gradual manner. The drain valve is closed. I also tried to switch programs with no effect. Here is a video footage:
    http://youtu.be/ofeRzI23Im8

Is my processor completely broken /pump, engine/ or am I doing something wrong and perhaps it needs some kind of system reset? After a day and night I can't find any relevant information on this problem.

Would very much appreciate any insights.

Thank you for your time,

Vlad
    Last edited by vlad; 12-May-2013 at 08:26. Reason: adding info

Re: Jobo atl 1000 problem(s)

Please see my comments on APUG.

Hi Vlad,

I had the same problem, was not pumping- exception being that mine didn't stop working after 1 minute.
    It turned out to be the main circuit board. The ATL 1000 does not have a pump, it uses a solenoid valve to open and close
    so that water gets to the tank and the bath. Its an easy to test if solenoid valve opens or closes by removing it and hooking it up to a 12V battery. The screws to open the ATL 1000 are on the underside of the machine. I was initially afraid to take it apart, but it is doable.

I can only recomend you contact:
    Klaus Dieter Seynschne in Germany, he used to be chief technician at Jobo for over 20 years.
    He now has his own Jobo service.
    Anyway, he advised me to try to get things resolved over the phone, recomending me a few things to try beforehand, but in the end I had to send the ATL in.
    He is a fantastic person. i am sure other ppl on the forum will also recomend him in case the have dealt with him before.
    Here are his contacts:

www.fotolaborservice.de
    K.-D. Seynsche Fotolaborservice
    Feldstraße 41
    51702 Bergneustadt
    Deutschland
    +49-2261-41114
    +49-2261-920158
    kds@fotolaborservice.de

During the service, I also decided to get the external pump, about 90EUR, which will allow you to use tempered water for color work processing. It hooks up in the back of the ATL

Good luck, and if you have any other questions,
    dont hesitate.

Cheers,
    TC

Hello to you Thomas,

Thank you very much for your input. Problem I was opening this thread with is resolved thanks to koh303, unfortunately I encounter another issue with lift mechanism.
    There is this very same thread opened at APUG with little more trafic if you would like to have a look. Thank you very much once again.