Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hc-110?

Hc-110?

Hi, all -

I haven't bought any HC-110 in a while. Just looked on B&H, and it's not offered anymore?! Has Kodak pulled it? WTH?

Scott

Re: Hc-110?

It was on the BH site 3 minutes ago and in stock. The small bottle is discontinued, but the 1L bottle is available

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=

Thanks, Jim - not sure how I missed that...

Wonder why they discontinued the smaller bottles?

WHo knows - maybe they figure they'll make more $$$

Have you noticed that BH will only sell it in their store ?
    J. K.

There was a thread (or maybe a couple) on APUG about this recently. Apparently the larger size was sold in some markets and they're consolidating the sizes so they only package one size. It's the same stuff.

As for only in the store, that's B&H policy for many chemicals, some you'd never suspect of being any problem to ship. Many other places will ship it. Freestyle has it though currently listed as "low stock."

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Many other places will ship it. Freestyle has it though currently listed as "low stock."
    Roger, which other places will ship it? All of the usual places I know of don't even stock it in 1L size yet. BTW, it's worth noting that the Freestyle website states the 1L bottle makes 16 liters of working solution, but that's based on Dilution A (the least recommended dilution by Kodak). The most common dilution B would make 32 liters of working solution.

Freestyle will ship it. I've got an unopened bottle (the older smaller size) I got from them a while back.

But I'll take back the comment about "many." You seem to be right that it's hard to find elsewhere. It was common in the previous size so I thought any place that had the old size would have the new. Freestyle was the only source in the US I could find with a few minutes of google-fu. I think I'm glad I never used it - bought it to try out and also to maybe make some "super soup" to experiment with radical pushing.

It's quite possible that as the new size replaces the old more places will start carrying it.

Drew Wiley

NYC seems to have some special restrictions regarding chemical shipments. This has been going on awhile. HC110 is otherwise readily avail elsewhere.

I'm not sure it's NYC. Adorama will ship things that B&H will not.