Thread: 4 x 10 film holder

Hatrick
    Australian citizen residing in north eastern end of Maryland, USA,

4 x 10 film holder

Does anybody know if there has ever been available a modified, redesigned or purposely manufactured 8"x10" film holder which has been designed to allow for two landscape exposures on each side?
    I understand that there will be restrictions on format dimensions due to the manufacturing and operation mechanics involved i.e. instead of the typical landscape cropping in one of these film holders to 4" x 8", I would expect the format to be some where in the vicinity of 3.5" x 8"
    Patrick.

Re: 4 x 10 film holder

4x10 or 4x8?
    Splitter board is what i use. 4x10 film holders are available too. Split darkslide is what others use. Search split darkslide.

just cut a darkslide down the middle

joseph

I forget who suggested it here, but but the idea is worthy of a design award- Whoever it was, please take a bow-

Simply cut a piece of black foamboard, half the size of the opening in your rear standard, just behind the bellows, and wedge it there.
    You can reposition it in camera to expose the other half of the negative.

Still Developing

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrick View Post
    Does anybody know if there has ever been available a modified, redesigned or purposely manufactured 8"x10" film holder which has been designed to allow for two landscape exposures on each side?
    I understand that there will be restrictions on format dimensions due to the manufacturing and operation mechanics involved i.e. instead of the typical landscape cropping in one of these film holders to 4" x 8", I would expect the format to be some where in the vicinity of 3.5" x 8"
    Patrick.
    If you don't want to do it yourself then Chamonix make an excellent 10x8 film holder with a half darkslide. Not cheap but beautifully made.
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

In the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by jb7 View Post
    I forget who suggested it here, but but the idea is worthy of a design award- Whoever it was, please take a bow-

Simply cut a piece of black foamboard, half the size of the opening in your rear standard, just behind the bellows, and wedge it there.
    You can reposition it in camera to expose the other half of the negative.
    Good idea! Good solution to shoot 5x8! 1:6 ratio!