Thread: Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5?

LarryH

Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5?

I bought a Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5 on eBay. It came without a lens board so I purchased a Copal #1 lens board for my Toyo 4x5. The lens, which says Copal 1 on it, is way too large for the hole on the lens board. The diameter of the lens mount is 60mm and the hole in the lens board is about 42mm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do or do not. There is no try.

Re: Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5?

The 90mm Geronar-WA is in a custom shutter. While the body is Copal 1, IIRC the required mounting hole is actually Copal 3.

Bob Salomon would be the authority on this, and I welcome his corrections if my memory has faded.

Re: Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Huhn View Post
    I bought a Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5 on eBay. It came without a lens board so I purchased a Copal #1 lens board for my Toyo 4x5. The lens, which says Copal 1 on it, is way too large for the hole on the lens board. The diameter of the lens mount is 60mm and the hole in the lens board is about 42mm.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Post a picture of it or send the image to me at bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

I think you have an extra mount on the back of the shutter for some reason.

LarryH

I sent the pictures by email.

Thanks!

My data sheet agrees with Steve. In Copal 1 but takes a Copal 3 hole.