Thread: Where in Paris would one find a déclencheur souple?

Where in Paris would one find a déclencheur souple?

Lost my cable release at Chartres yesterday; discovered today that my backup doesn't have a long enough throw to work a mission-critical 1980s Compur self-cocker (72mm Super Angulon XL) with no T setting and whose preview lever unfortunately opens the aperture as well as the shutter.

Amazon.fr including delivery wants 20 euros, that's a lot of dollars. Must be a good camera store here in Paris but my French isn't good enough to find and check availability on the phone.

Meanwhile for those multi-minute cathedral interiors I'll hold the trip lever open on B with a rubber band and use the lens cap.

Re: Where in Paris would one find a déclencheur souple?

Sorry, but this is the best I can do. I googled "camera stores Paris" http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs...2&ved=0CC0QtQM
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by john wilton View Post
    Lost my cable release at Chartres yesterday; discovered today that my backup doesn't have a long enough throw to work a mission-critical 1980s Compur self-cocker (72mm Super Angulon XL) with no T setting and whose preview lever unfortunately opens the aperture as well as the shutter.

Amazon.fr including delivery wants 20 euros, that's a lot of dollars. Must be a good camera store here in Paris but my French isn't good enough to find and check availability on the phone.

Meanwhile for those multi-minute cathedral interiors I'll hold the trip lever open on B with a rubber band and use the lens cap.
    Down Boulevard Beaumarchais you'll find one for sure.

My favourite address is "Le Grand Format" , at number 54.
    L'instantané on the same avenue had some very good Nikon ones the last time I went there.

Use the Metro, line 5, and stop at Bastille.

The avenue is full of camera shops, with many nice cameras for sale, so be prepared ;-)

Photostock is located Boulevard Serurier and, as the name implies, usually has lots of stock of film and paper, they should also be able to sell you a release.

Have a nice visit !

+1 for Laurent's advice, you'll definitely find a cable release there, maybe even for less than eur 20
    If you go south of place de Bastille there is also http://www.objectif-bastille.com/
    IMO best camera shop in Paris.
    C
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France