Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help identify this ANSCO camera. Only 4 Photos...

Re: Please help identify this ANSCO camera. Only 4 Photos...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomDan View Post
    That wouldn't be someone's copyright that has been blacked out on those photos would it?
    He buys things at a specific vintage site and doesn't want others to know where. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    We are not too keen on helping with value giving - especialy for members who have just joined to-day!
    totally understand.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    It's an Ansco 8x10. It has no front tilt, which subtracts from the value. The primary criteria is condition, especially of the bellows and whether it has pinholes. How are the corners of the bellows? Go into a dark room, stretch out the bellows on the base, put a light inside the camera, and see if you have small (or large?) rays of light being emitted from the bellows. Does the camera have any warped parts? What's the condition of the wood? It doesn't look too bad from the photos.

Others can chime in. If the bellows do not need to be replaced, I'd say it's value could be about $600 or $700. If the bellows do need replacement, I'd cut the value to about half of that. Maybe a little more.
    I will try and get more info. The info you have provided is already amazing. thank you.

The reason i posted, is because out of all the research i did before i posted, i couldn't find an image that has the "locking" type mechanism thats present in the photos. It seems there is this gold piece the sticks out on the side of the larger wooden box that i cannot find anywhere.

But when i get my hands on this unit, i will post more high quality images just to for reference sake in the future.

Cheers

But that doesn't "remove" the copyright!

In fact, removing the "origin" of the photos may be a breach of copywright, whilst keeping the label may not be a breach of copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    But that doesn't "remove" the copyright!

In fact, removing the "origin" of the photos may be a breach of copywright, whilst keeping the label may not be a breach of copyright.
    My friend is the OWNER of the camera. The person that took the photo of it originally, WAS the owner. We just dont have NEW photos yet. if anything, we will repost new images and remove these, if it bothers you. But it wasn't "I" who took off the watermark.

Ill definitely let him know its not right.

Hes old, and paranoid. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    Not that I'm jumping in and offering a value but for the sake of miss information...

The extension rail on this generation of the Agfa/Ansco Commercial View had only a built in extension rail. This was one of Agfa/Ansco big selling points "No more lost extension rails".

(((The extension rail is present and sliding block in the OP's photos))).

BTW- The Commercial had the sliding block and the Unversial did not.
    This is a Universal View not a Commercial but both have the built in rear extension, and both can have the sliding tripod. The Commercials all have the sliding bloch and some but not all Universals have it.

I've seen variations not in the Catalogues.

Ian

My 1926/1927 5x7 Ansco cost me $100 from a member here BUT I had to get new bellows for £100 UKP. My 5x7 doesn't have a seperate extension rail, it's built in and this 8x10 looks the same. I wouldn't go above $300 unless the bellows are pristine.
    Pete.

Anyone have a link that shows how the "built in" extension rail works? It's not too obvious in the photos.

It is a built-in rail inset into the long bed of the camera. Slides backward.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Walden View Post
    Anyone have a link that shows how the "built in" extension rail works? It's not too obvious in the photos.
    Here ya go Chauncey. Here's a couple of snaps of my Universal 5x7 w/ extension drawn out. As well as a couple of pages showing the extension taken from Agfa/Ansco catalogs 1938 and 1930 in order. Mine was a later model probably made in the early 1940's ish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2469.jpg   DSC_2475.jpg   Agfa-Ansco Universal extension rail 2 add.jpg   Agfa-Ansco Universal extension rail add.jpg