Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Film is alive and well in the north west!

Film is alive and well in the north west!

Just came back from a short hop around in the north west and found some really amazing things there.

Read my post about what i saw:
    http://processorparts.blogspot.com/2...orth-west.html

Re: Film is alive and well in the north west!

Wow, thanks for that report. I assumed such places no longer existed. Are you sure you didn't photoshop those pictures?

Bob

I was dumbfounded when i walked in, then when it happened twice in the same day, i was just smiling...

Great report! Another place on my visit list if I get out there is Blue Moon Photo in Portland.
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

If you're in the Portland area again, stop in at Blue Moon Camera in St. Johns, which is a small suburb of Portland. It's a neat place, and either Jake, or one of the sales people, can show you any number and any format of film cameras that they have on display.

I just heard about Glazers today from an Ebay seller; couldn't believe they still have some Adox 25s; went ahead and ordered 20 rolls and am seriouly contemplating whether or not I should order another 20...

I was thinking of where to retire to... problem solved. Now to convince my wife )

That's great! If only there was a store like that here in Boston. I'd be in heaven if we had something like that!

Brian Chambers

So I live in the Seattle area and Glazers is my "local". They actually have three stores right within a block of each other. One for film, darkroom and lighting. Another store for digital, inkjet printers and paper, video, tripods and bags, etc. And another store for rentals and classrooms. The rental store is not to be overlooked. It is very well stocked and they consider Friday afternoon to Monday morning to be a one day rental. I can pick up a 600mm lens for the weekend and only pay one days rental! Locally we refer to it as Mecca.
    Brian Chambers

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.”
    Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Hi,

Am glad that you found that not only is the photo scene in the NW very active, film still plays a big part of what happens here. While I live in Kelso WA, Portland is where I find a community of friends and photographers. Newspace [I teach darkroom and LF into classes there] and Pro Photo are great finds. Of course stop at Blue Moon to visit Jake and staff for some photo treats. Hollywood Camera on NE Sandy also is a place to rummage for photo gear that may not be found at other locations. Blue Sky gallery is a top notch place to see pbotos and so is Lightbox gallery in Astoria OR. If you are able to go to some meetings, then the Portland Photographers Forum will usually have a presenter and a chance for members to show their work with feedback from the audience [very civil] and the Interim Photo Group also meets monthly for member show and tell. Then of course there is the excellent opportunity to photograph in the desert, mountains, coast or urban areas.

Cheers,
    Bob