Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodak 2D handle rplacement?!?!?

Re: Kodak 2D handle rplacement?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cienfuegos View Post
    I got my 2-56 screws and lock nuts from McMaster-Carr.
    LOL, I shop there often ( too often ) nothing like getting 100 screws for the price of 2 packages
    from any of the home center stores. Added plus is you don't have to sort thru the home center
    stuff only find out they don't have the length you need.

You can get handles and rivets from the Deardorff guy on ebay.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

For those who want leather handles :http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunk...ts/handles.htm Scroll down to the Typewriter Handles, TH-16. They appear to be identical to the handles on my 8x10 Kodak 2D and are only $6.00.
    Just checked these guys out and it looks like they have a great selection of handles and brackets at reasonable prices. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thank everyone, lots of good advice. I ordered a couple of handles from Brettensvillage, found some split rivets and might order those, just have check the size and make sure that they aren't to big, otherwise I'll use screws. In the mean I'll use some nylon webbing, which undoubtably have in me junk box. In the long run I would like to have the leather handle, just for aesthetics.

Roger

For those who want leather handles :http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunk...ts/handles.htm Scroll down to the Typewriter Handles, TH-16. They appear to be identical to the handles on my 8x10 Kodak 2D and are only $6.00.
    Yep ... that's where I got the handle I'm sitting here looking at. Very nice and almost exactly the same size as the original. It'll make a nice replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    Yep ... that's where I got the handle I'm sitting here looking at. Very nice and almost exactly the same size as the original. It'll make a nice replacement.
    Great! I orders a few for my 2D's (don't ask…*I don't know how I ended up with three. One basket case and two intact. ) I'll have them by the end of the week.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Great! I orders a few for my 2D's (don't ask…*I don't know how I ended up with three. One basket case and two intact. ) I'll have them by the end of the week.
    Must be pretty easy, as I have one basket case and two intact. Now I just need to find a 7x11 to complete my collection.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Must be pretty easy, as I have one basket case and two intact. Now I just need to find a 7x11 to complete my collection.

Roger
    I actually have three 5x7's including the basket case and one complete 8x10, which I bought off ebay. It was advertised as a 5x7, but when it arrived i realized that it was an 8x10 with a 5x7 back. I later found a brand new 8x10 back,, so I have the best of two worlds. I really don't have enough room for any more of these goodies, I want to refinish the basket case, it is presently in pieces. Oh well… just another project.
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post

Roger
    Hey Roger, 7x11's are on about every corner! What you need is a 7x17! Look at Jim Fitzgerald's panoramic carbon prints.

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Hey Roger, 7x11's are on about every corner! What you need is a 7x17! Look at Jim Fitzgerald's panoramic carbon prints.

Curt
    I have 5x7, 6.5x8.5, 8x10, all 2D's yes I've noticed those 7x11's on all the corners, they are convenient, but I looking for an older one, say from the 1920's. 7x17, now that's a thought. Oh and I think Jim's carbon prints are 8x20, at least the one I look at daily is. Don't even want to think about 8x20.

Roger