Page 391 of 655 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Yes. It's a Scottish thing. Thrifty. I neglected to say I shot both at EI 80 and no adjustments were done in PS. I was also quite surprised/happy with minimal grain and smooth tones.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Andrew nice results. I will give Rodinal a try.

X-ray Film example and comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    For Canucks, up here R09 is bottled as Blazinal, which is identical to R09, which is identical to Rodinal...
    Not entirely true, R09 is SLIGHTLY different than "true" Rodinal which is to say the last iteration of AGFA Rodinal that is now made by Adox (called Rodinal in the states and Adonal everywhere else).

It was a short time after the closing of AGFA where a few companies were able to buy from the same producer. But all the new stuff on the shelf is now going to be slightly different and either a varied version, or an older version of the AGFA Rodinal.

This is for legal reasons since Adox bought the rights to the last formula and exclusively produces it just for them. All other distributors have to have theirs be slightly different.

The difference is so minute that it probably doesn't matter, but just to be precise, the only company that sells the original last version of Rodinal made by AGFA is ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY made by Adox, all other versions are different. So it's not identical, but close enough.

Lemons and limes, Stone. Lemons and limes.

Hello, Stone,

Adox isn't able to produce any chemicals. Not for themselve and of course not for others.
    They really buy this stuff from Tetenal, like Maco too.
    If you are interested in selling by yourself something like Ratinal, Jokinol or Super R 0815, ask Tetenal; they will deliver some 209 Liter barrels, and companies like Compard are able to fill in bottles.

Best regards,
    Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by plaubel View Post
    Hello, Stone,

Adox isn't able to produce any chemicals. Not for themselve and of course not for others.
    They really buy this stuff from Tetenal, like Maco too.
    If you are interested in selling by yourself something like Ratinal, Jokinol or Super R 0815, ask Tetenal; they will deliver some 209 Liter barrels, and companies like Compard are able to fill in bottles.

Best regards,
    Ritchie
    Then what is this ADOX APH-09 made in Germany? So fresh it was clear when I got it, and now after 2 months it's dark brown unopened. In usage I cannot tell it from my sealed case of AGFA Rodinol also made in Germany which is now almost black. Both work the same for me.

I don't like the tiny squirt top on the ADOX as it makes it very slow to drink. I can chug the AGFA.
    Tin Can

Yes, the "products" from Maco or Impex change into brown soap, but they will work well for a while.
    I change my own bottles after 12 moths, no trust but no problems..

The original Agfa Rodinal will probably live longer than me, so it can't be the same like RO9, Adonal, which may die after one or two years, I have heard in different Forums..
    The american Rodinal or Blazinal I don't know, but it seems, that all this newer Tetenal-Rodinals work well with xray.

My Adox is dated August 1, 2015 which is one week before I bought it.

I have 8 out of 10 bottles left.

I'll use it before the old 'good' stuff.
    Tin Can

Randy, do you take yours with a lemon or a lime?

X-ray Film example and comparison.

To answer all replies to my comment.

Yes I misspoke, the particular company that produces it may be Tentenal but the R09 Tentenal made for other companies is different from the Rodinal made for Adox, the formula is just different even from the same producer.

APH-09 is the ... 1950's? formula from AGFA I believe. It's more significantly different than the subsequent adjustments between 1950 and the end of AGFA formula that Adox makes. There were various changes in-between those 60 years that other manufacturers use, that's why they can say "it's the same as Rodinal" because technically it is, you have to ask "which Rodinal?" ... It's clever language.

The color doesn't mean anything. I've used completely black Rodinal that sat (as an experiment) in an open container with only about 100ml at the bottom for a month, again in an open container, and it worked just fine. Don't let the color change deceive you, but remember I'm talking official Rodinal/Adonal and not any R09 formula which might be less reliable for long term storage, that's one of the improvements in the latest AGFA formula, longevity.

Lemons and limes make for a quick acid stop if you run out of stop, but I wouldn't recommend either for regular use