Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Once again: streaks when developing *some* fiber based paper in Jobo 3063

Re: Once again: streaks when developing *some* fiber based paper in Jobo 3063

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Did you use "automatic reversal of rotation during processing" or not ?
    Yes, it does automatic reversal of rotation during processing.

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Is the drum rotating when you pour in?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    I dunno, but that doesn't sound like enough developer for 16x20 fiber prints. I don't use Experts for paper but I'd probably start with 1 litre. You're reusing it anyways right ?
    I always use the liquid once, but I would not mind to throw a liter away if that solved my problem. I do not print a lot.

I am a bit concerned about using one liter for other reasons. I develop my 14x17 negs in the same 3063 drum with 700mL of chemistry and the Jobo ain't particularly happy with all that load. One liter could be too much for the motor I have. My Jobo is the second generation, so it's not that weak. But it is not a third generation either.

I want to do a couple of prints today with the lid of the drum carefully closed (so, no wobble) and just enough water in the tempering trough so that I am sure the drum does not float.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Annaratone View Post
    Yes, it does automatic reversal of rotation during processing.
    It is clear that developer did not reach those areas, so possibilities I see:

> The paper got rolled and one end overlaped the other.

> The reverse function worked poorly (plastic gearing?) and with that drum size it not made full turns, with a side never immersed in the developer.

To not waste more paper, before stop bath, open the drum in safe light and inspect, if a pitfall guess the reason and develop again well to completion, result should be even.

I am a bit concerned about using one liter for other reasons. I develop my 14x17 negs in the same 3063 drum with 700mL of chemistry and the Jobo ain't particularly happy with all that load. One liter could be too much for the motor I have. My Jobo is the second generation, so it's not that weak. But it is not a third generation either.
    When I process 7x17 negs, I use a Simma print roller base vs the Jobo. Also process in ABS tubes that conveniently are the same diameter as the Simma 8x10 drum caps.

Hope you figure this out !
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

500ml is not enough developer for a print this size. Start with a litre and see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    500ml is not enough developer for a print this size. Start with a litre and see how that goes.
    Minimum is 300ml, http://www.jobo-usa.com/images/manua...capacities.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    It is clear that developer did not reach those areas, so possibilities I see:

> The paper got rolled and one end overlaped the other.

I suspect this is the answer as fiber based paper will become limp when wet, just like...a piece of paper....

not enough liquid in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ron View Post
    not enough liquid in the tank.
    That may be the case. Which means that 500mL are not enough for 16x20 fiber-based Ilford Multigrade but 300mL are just fine for the tens of fiber-based Fomabrom 16x20 Variant 111 prints I made without ever a problem.

Picture me confused