Thread: Flextight X5 Drivers (Windows 10 Pro x64)?

Flextight X5 Drivers (Windows 10 Pro x64)?

FlexColor (the application one uses to capture scans) is available from the Hasselblad website, but the driver(s) for the device itself are apparently not available. Only malware sites claim they have drivers :-(.

I run Windows 10 Pro x64. I will be getting in touch with Hasselblad USA, but how no idea how long it takes for them to respond. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mike

Re: Flextight X5 Drivers (Windows 10 Pro x64)?

Quote Originally Posted by acapela View Post
    FlexColor (the application one uses to capture scans) is available from the Hasselblad website, but the driver(s) for the device itself are apparently not available. Only malware sites claim they have drivers :-(.

I run Windows 10 Pro x64. I will be getting in touch with Hasselblad USA, but how no idea how long it takes for them to respond. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mike
    Hasselblad
    800-367-6434 option 3 tech support
    973-975-0465

You will usually get an immediate pickup.
    If leaving a VM, you'll get a call back in a few hours.

I don't recall needing new drivers for Windows 10.
    If needed, Hasselblad will supply - do not take drivers from any other source.
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

I succeeded in resolving this.

A driver IS required.

The problem is that the driver from Hasselblad is "unsigned". The current version of Windows 10 Pro x64 (1703 aka Creators Update) no longer prompts the user to install "unsigned" system software components, it simply disallows this by default.

I had to circumvent this security feature via Windows 10 "Test Mode" (jumping through hoops along the way, procedure on the web), and then was able to use the Windows Device Manager to "Update Driver">"Browse my computer for driver software">"Let me pick from a list of available drivers">"Select the driver you want to install". Device Manager was able to identify my device and source a functioning driver (whether that was included with the FlexColor install but just not enabled due to security issues, or pulled from the web somewhere on-demand, I don't know).

This driver continues to enable/function even after exiting Windows "Test Mode". I can now power-cycle the scanner and/or restart the system in any order with correct results (my system discovers the device and enables it for use, FlexColor can see the device and operates it correctly once the system has made it ready, etc).

If you are running older versions of Windows (including older versions of Windows 10), you might not even encounter this problem. And of course, given how much this thing costs, there is probably not a huge installed base beating its collective head against this particular wall.

Several hours down a rabbit hole on this, but everything seems to be working.

Thanks.

Thanks for posting the resolution.

This problem is really easy to solve if you have a driver updater software. The newest drivers are often required to run many peripherals. Windows 10 does not install the newest drivers by itself. You need to install a driver updater to have the newest drivers: https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-free-driver-updater/ . It is really helpful; it can solve this problem automatically by itself. So, you don’t need to bother to install by yourself. This driver updater is awesome. Recommend to use.
    Last edited by koxiw64767; 17-Jul-2020 at 10:10.