Thread: Help -- Changing lens boards for Schneider

Help -- Changing lens boards for Schneider

Hello,

My Schneider lenses are currently mounted on 4x4 Wisner lens boards. I now need to mount them on Linhof lens boards. Does anyone know if I need copal #0 or #1 size boards?

And if anyone has tips and suggestions on safely removing the lenses from their current boards (specifically loosening the ring with the notches shown in one of the photos below) and placing them onto the new ones, that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

-V

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Feb 20.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	129534 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Feb 20-2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	129535

Re: Help -- Changing lens boards for Schneider

Quote Originally Posted by mediopollito View Post
    Hello,

My Schneider lenses are currently mounted on 4x4 Wisner lens boards. I now need to mount them on Linhof lens boards. Does anyone know if I need copal #0 or #1 size boards?

And if anyone has tips and suggestions on safely removing the lenses from their current boards (specifically loosening the ring with the notches shown in one of the photos below) and placing them onto the new ones, that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

-V
    The board size doesn't change, only the hole (shutter size) in the board. Look at your lenses - is the shutter marked "Copal 1," "Copal 0" or just "Copal"? If all else fails, measure the hole size after removing the lens/shutter from the board and compare it against standard Copal shutter hole sizes, i.e. 0 = 34.6mm, 1 = 41.6mm, 3 = 65mm

You will also need a lens spanner wrench, which are available from all sorts of places. Unscrew the rear lens element first, then use the spanner wrench to remove the retaining ring.

Name:	lens wrench.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	129536

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    The board size doesn't change, only the hole (shutter size) in the board. Look at your lenses - is the shutter marked "Copal 1," "Copal 0" or just "Copal"? If all else fails, measure the hole size after removing the lens/shutter from the board and compare it against standard Copal shutter hole sizes, i.e. 0 = 34.6mm, 1 = 41.6mm, 3 = 65mm

You will also need a lens spanner wrench, which are available from all sorts of places. Unscrew the rear lens element first, then use the spanner wrench to remove the retaining ring.

And be sure not to lose any shims when you take the rear group off.

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post

Thank you very much!! Just bought a spanner wrench online.

Jim Sidinger

I have found the Linos metal lens wrench useful alternative to type shown by djdister. Small, light & hard to break.