Page 36 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post

Another nice set of images Peter! I too like the first one with the pump. But the chapel is mighty fine also. Where were these taken? I saw the wedding photos in the other thread. Liked them also.

A five-panel, stitched pano, captured handheld while walking my dog, Miss Abby:

DIY full-spectrum modified Samsung NX500 | Contax N 24-85 @ f5.6 | Hoya R72 filter
    JG

More of my photos can be seen at my photo-blog here: https://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

Here's a sample from my continuing Palm Trees in IR project:

JG

More of my photos can be seen at my photo-blog here: https://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    A five-panel, stitched pano, captured handheld while walking my dog, Miss Abby:

DIY full-spectrum modified Samsung NX500 | Contax N 24-85 @ f5.6 | Hoya R72 filter
    Very nice! I assume these are horizontal images? How much overlap? What did you use to merge them?

It has been a long time since I have created pano's. I have never done that with infrared though....

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    Here's a sample from my continuing Palm Trees in IR project:

As they say, "timing is everything", and that is the case here! Nice!

Outstanding! Bravo!

Terrific work, Jeff!

"Another nice set of images Peter! I too like the first one with the pump. But the chapel is mighty fine also. Where were these taken?"

Thanks, Jon.
    These were taken at Heritage Hill State Park in Green Bay. https://heritagehillgb.org/discover/growing-community/ This was the first time we were there. Originally this hill was the site of Fort Howard.

The Moravian church was built in 1850, and it's the oldest church in Green Bay. It was moved to its current location in 1980.

I never knew about any of this. Because of covid, Janice and I try to do a short photo day on the weekend. I look at Google Maps for places of interest, and that's where I found out about this park. There's some pretty hefty photo fees....but no one hassled us.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Wildfire smoke last summer
    D800 / IR Chrome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB_200911_IR_019.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	218670

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Very nice! I assume these are horizontal images? How much overlap? What did you use to merge them?
    Off the top of my head, I couldn't remember, so I went back to the raw files and was surprised to see that I actually photographed it both ways: horizontally and vertically!

Even worse, I photographed each panel seven times, so I could median-blend them into a single photo and reduce the noise level by 2.64 dB. Then I merged all five of the blended panels into a single pano using Photoshop's merge tool.

But to answer your question, this version was made using the horizontally oriented photos and according to RawTherapee, I didn't process the vertically oriented photos. Maybe I should do that now, because to my eyes, the sky is as interesting as the rest of the scene!
    JG

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    As they say, "timing is everything", and that is the case here! Nice!
    I recall taking this photo, because I was scouting the palm tree and noticed the the plane coming. I started scheming about including it in the photo, but as it came closer, I realized I was the wrong place to do so and had to break into a run (or as close to a run as my aging knees will allow) to get myself into the position from which I took this photo.

All this was made particularly memorable because my dog, whose leash was around my left wrist, had no idea what I was doing or where I was heading, and we ended up briefly becoming tangled in her leash. At which point, I wriggled it off my wrist to escape and good dog that she is, she simply stood still and waited for me to return.

FYI, after taking this photo and seeing how successful it was with the airplane included, I made it a point to do this with more palm tree photos as well. Fortunately, I live near the Scottsdale Airport, so there's always an ample supply of small planes unknowingly posing for me. As you might expect, though, not every photo turns out as well as this one did.

Oh, and I also live under one of the flight paths to Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix, so I've been able to include many larger airplanes in my photos, too!
    JG