Page 85 of 654 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185585 ... LastLast

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

Thats what I believed, but this is the usual reponds I got:
    Jonny,

The film companies do not allow us to sell their products outside of the United States.

**** ***| Owner
    And from some I didnt even got a reponse back... So yeah =/

do you know the iso of mamo xray film? I have some Kodak box and always expose them incorrectly

Quote Originally Posted by Bush View Post
    do you know the iso of mamo xray film? I have some Kodak box and always expose them incorrectly
    Hi Bush,

I did a reasonably painless test to determine the correct ISO for my RX-U

I Took 8 exposures of the exact same thing, 2 sets of exposures at 50, 100, 200 & 400. Developed one set for 4 mins and the other set for 8mins. It helped me see the results of under/over exposure and development.

Thats for a low/medium speed film, if you have normal or high speed you might start at 200 iso and go up to 1600

Quote Originally Posted by taulen View Post
    Yeah, thats the thing. I want 8x10 and 11x14, the stuff that fits the regular holders, no needing to cut stuff down or use "rare" holders. 28x30, 18x24 and all these sizes I can order myself, found a source in france that is willing to ship those sizes, but I would like to have the "correct" sizes, at least now in the beginning of trying xray films.
    Type I dont really care about, I think, or should I ? =)
    Thank you for trying to help out.
    All good, makes sense.

If i get my hands on any in those sizes i will let you know, i shoot 4x5 so cutting down is something i will always have to do with xray film. Maybe when i upgrade to 8x10 i will loose my enthusiasm for the odd sizes.

The reason the people you have contacted will not ship outside of the USA may be to do with their distribution rights, or a genuine lack of interest, if the former maybe a distributor exists to ship to your country already, if not there may be such a thing that gives you a USA address and forwards your freight too you for a fee, i have an nz based one called youshop.

Taulen, have you tried contacting the Kodak/Fuji/Etc distributors for Norway and asking to speak to the medical sales reps? My contact is the normal photography rep, but he liaises with the medical rep for me. My boxes of film cost me a box of Heineken. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by cpjfox View Post
    Taulen, have you tried contacting the Kodak/Fuji/Etc distributors for Norway and asking to speak to the medical sales reps? My contact is the normal photography rep, but he liaises with the medical rep for me. My boxes of film cost me a box of Heineken. Good times
    Actually no, I havent tried that. I could do that, but I'm pretty sure they will only be able to find the so called "european sizes" everyone else over here get their hands on, but its worth a shot. And thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by taulen View Post
    Actually no, I havent tried that. I could do that, but I'm pretty sure they will only be able to find the so called "european sizes" everyone else over here get their hands on, but its worth a shot. And thank you !
    Good luck!

Cutting it down isn't so bad given you can do it under the safe light though.

ISO box speed is just an approximation where Ortho film is concerned, and I think all x-ray film is Ortho, either mild (blue) or more orthochromatic (green). So the color temperature of the light affects exposure. On a summer day, between 10.00 Am and 3.00pm, in the afternoon. probably 100 or 80. Shoot it between sunrise and when the sun is 15o above the horizon, and it could be 25 or even lower. Why? Red light. Ortho doesn't record red light hardly at all. I suggest you take 4 exposures, one at 100, and one at 50 in the middle of the day. then take 2 more, one at 12, and one at 25 at sundown. To develop, use a red safelight and develop until done. Be sure to print them. What looks too thin will sometimes print very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush View Post

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

my small beauty shot on fuji xray green film

Both shot on a Calumet Monorail with Schneider Symmar-S 210mm f/5.6 with Fuji RX-U

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351062492.217052.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	82483
    Hudson Bomber at RNZAF Museum, Christchurch, NZ
    5s f/8.0 @ 50ISO
    LC29 at 1:29 for 4mins @ 20DegC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351062558.719141.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	82484
    Portrait by Sunset
    1/30s f/16 @ 400ISO
    LC29 at 1:29 for 8mins @ 20DegC

I haven't had an opportunity to scan the negatives properly yet, I've used my iPad as a Lightbox for a Digital SLR snap which I invert in Lightroom.