Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: November portraits

Re: November portraits

Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    I really like your style - something I would love to learn from. Excellent work
    Thank you. If you can read russian - plenty of how i do things explained on me blog (decision patterns, lighting & etc) I tried to keep english one in parallel but it was too much hard work

Quote Originally Posted by bracan View Post
    Fantastic Sergei!!!
    thank you You are very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher D. Keth View Post
    This is Davore. I met him while shooting other things in a park. He believes the moon landing was faked and that contrails are chemicals the government drops to keep us docile. I'm pleased with the look of this lens, it's the cheapest one I own .

Without pretty girls and crazy men the photo world would be rather empty, wouldn't it?

This is Davore. I met him while shooting other things in a park. He believes the moon landing was faked and that contrails are chemicals the government drops to keep us docile. I'm pleased with the look of this lens, it's the cheapest one I own .
    Well it works And thats what important

Is Davore flipping me off?

Sergei, thanks for answering my questions. For me the blob and the wrinkles detract from the photo. It's not up to the glamorous, polished standards I expect from you.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Sergei, thanks for answering my questions. For me the blob and the wrinkles detract from the photo. It's not up to the glamorous, polished standards I expect from you.
    model asked for wrinkly stuff seeing that she got her BFA and i never finished mine - i went with gut feeling of "well.. it will be interesting" ) For me its interesting, b/c wall behind that couch i shot many times, so it adds a bit of difference.. For her it looks different for same reason - too much of polished glamour backgrounds.. Plus it adds contrast between model and wall in underlaying sense - polished look vs roughness.

Its quite odd that dress looks like blob - b/c i dont see it, even now, after sleeping on it.. But I might reprocess this image a bit differently - there is enough details in dress to be pulled, if i remember correctly

Glamour/fashion photography isn't my field at all. If you and model are happy with it, then fine. It just struck me as it seemed out of character for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Glamour/fashion photography isn't my field at all. If you and model are happy with it, then fine. It just struck me as it seemed out of character for you.
    Ah.. Its ok. I do weird stuff quite often, actually - experimentation is part of whole process..

I have normal ones from that session too, btw.. it just is good to do something a tad different.. In fact we cancelled one of concepts entirely b/c it was too much out of character for her and a bit too hard to prepare.. But i will do it with someone else That would be pretty interesting composite shooting project.

I will post something more polished once i am back home - there are more shots drying on the rack..

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Is Davore flipping me off?
    I don't think so. I do believe you're selling a copy of the lens I used, so perhaps he has an opinion.

8x10 Arista, cropped a bit, 360mm Symmar-S, swinging and tilting like there is no tomorrow

Liz by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

(must get in habit of bringing Radar to shoots again.. female skin just can't really take it well with 360mm .. freaky sharp. even close to wide open.. Main problem is flash synching.. i ruined so many sheets...).