Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikor-like)?

Re: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikor-like)?

I use Nikor tanks for 2x3 sheet film with the Nikor waffle type insert. These are the same tanks used for roll film. Not much, if any leaking. My hands stay dry,

Last week for my first time I used a VGC Nikor 4X5 tank with the multiformat spiral, like a B&W King, This tank appears as new. It leaks a bit, but not enough to say it lost critical liquid volume. I was inverting 5sec every minute for 20 minutes. Using Rodinol 1/100.

Next time I will wear gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by cp_photo View Post
    Can the 5x7 tank be used for developing 4x5 as well?
    Yes I do it all the time. No problem at all.

He is a man with much integrity isn't he? Wow. If only more people ran their business as he does. I'm just so happy with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Two things to report on the 5x7 B-W King tank:

First, I think the streaks that I was getting down the middle of the images at times was mostly due to using Pyrocat MC in glycol. This developer and this tank are touch and go. I have used it now with Rodinal and Caffenol a number of times and no streaks whatsoever.

Second, because of the perceived rust issue on the original tops, B-W Man was nice enough to send us all new tanks/tops. So I had two tanks and one reel. I ordered a 5x7 reel alone from him to make two complete sets and lo and behold, an entire tank system arrives. Now I have 3 tanks/tops and two reels. Great customer service, but how does he stay in business?

Thank you B-W King!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPRyan View Post
    He is a man with much integrity isn't he? Wow. If only more people ran their business as he does. I'm just so happy with mine.
    +1

Majority of the Nikkor, Honeywell stainless steel tanks leak specially at the filler cap. IMO, really not much of a problem. Wear gloves and be prepared for the drips and leaks that will and does happen. The Kinderman tanks with plastic lids do not leak. They do leak if the plastic cap is worn out.

Fact that one can get a 5x7 SST film tank is really great.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by cp_photo View Post
    Can the 5x7 tank be used for developing 4x5 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Yes, I believe I've done this. Since 5x7's are loaded in length wise, the width of the slot in the reel is 5". Therefore, you can load a 4x5 sheet in width-wise.
    As the designer of B&W KING, it's great to see the photographers discussing
    the use of B&W KING.
    For "Can the 5x7 tank be used for developing 4x5 as well?"Question, I make
    the following points:
    1. B&W KING's 4X5 and 5X7 film holder have the same diameter,
    110mm.Height difference 4X5 film frame 125mm, 5X7 film frame 145mm.4X5
    and 5X7 film holder, can use 5X7 development tank together.
    2. 5X7 film holder. It is not recommended to install 4X5 film.
    Although some photographers use it this way, I, as B&W KING designer, do not
    advocate it.
    Because, B&W KING according to the brand film width specifications such as
    ilford.A lot of brand film width is strict, but film length has bigger error.If the
    length of the 4X5 film is different from the width of the 5X7 film, a 4X5 film may
    fall off during installation.
    My recommendation, the most reliable way, is that 4X5 and 5X7 use a special
    model film holder.
    It is normal for everyone to have a different understanding and use of the
    same product.
    Being able to develop satisfactory film is a good way.
    My advice is just one way to use it.
    Any big picture photographer has a strict choice of photographic supplies.I
    believe that B&W KING will be recognized, accepted and satisfied by the big
    picture photographers in more countries.
    I can't speak English. This is a computer translator.There are likely to be
    mistakes, please forgive me.
    thank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gadizhu2018c.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	183469

Keep up the good work!

Re: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikkor-like)?

Recently, production of the B&W KING 13x18cm stainless steel development tank has been completed.
    13x18cm film mount, 3mm higher than 5X7.Special 13X18cm film, not suitable for 5 "X7" film development.

Model: BWG - 08
    Size:13x18cm Load 6 once a time films
    Height: 195 mm
    Diameter: 110 mm
    Capacity: 1350 ml
    Weight: 1350 g
    Material: stainless steel

So far, B&W KING has three models: 4X5, 5X7 and 13X18cm.The plan of product design has been completed. In the future, I will focus on expanding the market and providing good product services.
    Thanks for your attention and support.

Name:	06-660 (2).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	185180

Name:	06-660 (4).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	185182

Name:	06-660 (3).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	185185

Maybe a stupid question, but can you adapt this design for 8x10" film? If yes and there's good results with pyro I'd buy in a second!

In addition to above: is the reason there’s no 8x10 tank because of the time it would take to fill? I see the only real option for a daylight tank for me is a Jobo Expert 3005 drum on manual roller base, but man they’re expensive...