Page 136 of 655 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 6544

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Learn something new every day. Never noticed the rear filter threads on my Symmar-S...BUT 77mm filters, while they are the right size, won't thread onto it? Is it a different thread pitch than normal? Not the convertible one though, but that shouldn't matter?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Learn something new every day. Never noticed the rear filter threads on my Symmar-S...BUT 77mm filters, while they are the right size, won't thread onto it? Is it a different thread pitch than normal? Not the convertible one though, but that shouldn't matter?
    Well.. that German engineering for you.. Logic might be that since its not convertible you got to use front ones.. You can also just cheat in same way as i do with Radar lens (same 77mm deal, but no threads) - i.e use gaffer tape, when size is right, but no threads there or threads are different, like in your case

Yeah I've done that trick with the Radar. Oh well, I sure am not buying the 105mm filters for the Symmar! I barely use it - I prefer the Radar.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

On my Symmar 300mm the 77mm filters screw right into the rear element. It's convenient given the alternative larger size filters and cost plus duplication.

Might be difference between convertibles and nonconvertibles.. I cant even try anything on 360 Symmar-S b/c lens is sticking out too much in rear.

But i can not stop using Symmars - they are my backups in case when i need faster pace shooting and when ambient has to be used along with flash. Or shooting in bright conditions when i cant do hand triggering.

And now for something completely different

overexposed by about 2 stops (well.. it is packard, and .. you know.. one can only hope to get 1/8th right)

Cooke processing 19 inch lens that i got a bit ago, and decided to get out today, as even thought i can get above fences - getting FAR reach is issue with 8x10

Rodinal 1+100, 4m

Scan-130421-0002www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Retired

After reading about shooting X-ray film on LFF I decided to try the Kodak B/RA Single Emulsion film. One reason was all the discussion about scratches on double emulsion. My only way to process is by using Beseler drums with motor base.
    I started with my normal HC110 at 50/1 for various times, from 8 to 11 minutes. The results were fair, but highlights were bad. I then switched to Caffenol-C in drum including motor base. The results were the same with times from 8 to 15 minutes.
    So I shot the Lenten Roses with my Super Graflex and lens 203mm Kodak Ektar at F11, 1/50 using ASA 200 for film speed. The processing used Caffenol-C at 70 degrees for 5 minutes. This is the best results I have had. Could note get the temperature down to the goal of 68 trying to mix only 8 total ounces.
    Please comment.

Jack http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-H...09348465760954
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rose-ASA200-coffee C-70deg for 5 min-little ch in PS copy.jpg  

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by northcarolinajack View Post
    After reading about shooting X-ray film on LFF I decided to try the Kodak B/RA Single Emulsion film. One reason was all the discussion about scratches on double emulsion. My only way to process is by using Beseler drums with motor base.
    I started with my normal HC110 at 50/1 for various times, from 8 to 11 minutes. The results were fair, but highlights were bad. I then switched to Caffenol-C in drum including motor base. The results were the same with times from 8 to 15 minutes.
    So I shot the Lenten Roses with my Super Graflex and lens 203mm Kodak Ektar at F11, 1/50 using ASA 200 for film speed. The processing used Caffenol-C at 70 degrees for 5 minutes. This is the best results I have had. Could note get the temperature down to the goal of 68 trying to mix only 8 total ounces.
    Please comment.

Jack http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-H...09348465760954
    Looks great to me, Jack! Looking forward to seeing more of your work here! I'd love to get some of that single sided emulsion xray. I haven't found any of it available in Korea. Caffenol is great. I'd use it more but mixing it takes time and when I'm processing 12-18 sheets individually, time is something I don't have. Rodinal is great because its so easy to mix. 1:50 is my sweet spot. HC-110, I hear, is better at 1:100 or 1:200.

Lee Smathers

But now that you've got your developer/times nailed, I'd just keep going with that. Film tests can be boring. I like what you've got with Caffenol and this film. Very nice tones.

Re: X-ray Film example and comparison.

HAs anyone used Kodak MIN-R EV Mammography film or AGFA Mamoray HDR-C film?