Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scanmate f8+ anyone?

Scanmate f8+ anyone?

Hello from Germany,

I am able to get a new F8+ and was wondering if anyone has some infos about the quality?

I used to run drum scanners (Tango & Primescan) and a Creo Eversmart. I would like to start my business again with the f8+ does it at least out-peform the Imacon Flextight scanners?

Best wishes,

Re: Scanmate f8+ anyone?

As nobody replied.

I got the scanner and I can highly recommend it over a Hasselblad or any other flatbed I have used. Wet-mounting is also possible and works great. Michael from ABC-Scan in Denmark is a highly skilled person and really helpful.

Congratulations Christopher! Would be nice to see some of your scans.

Pali

All images where dry mounted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	170116_01.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	159858
    Just getting used to color correction.

Name:	151124_01100.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	159859

Name:	151124_01100crop.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	159860
    100% Crop

Hi
    I got the same scanner yesterday but after the first trial scan the plate stuck to the right with a flashing red error light. The first time, following the manual I reset the scanning plate into position and it did the trick but as soon as i started the next scan it did the same thing and this time nothing I can do to fix it. Any help? Do you have the contact of this person in Denmark? I am incredibly sad as I got it for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ciro vitiello View Post
    Hi
    I got the same scanner yesterday but after the first trial scan the plate stuck to the right with a flashing red error light. The first time, following the manual I reset the scanning plate into position and it did the trick but as soon as i started the next scan it did the same thing and this time nothing I can do to fix it. Any help? Do you have the contact of this person in Denmark? I am incredibly sad as I got it for next to nothing.
    Hi Ciro, I have previous model "scanmate F6", how long was stopped the scanner? Have you try to move the scanner tray without mounting plate? Switch on only scanner and manually go left and right with the button in front of scanner, may tray few times to the ends right and to the end left.
    Most important, don't try to take scan now, but check the machine work, you should check the withe point and calibrate focus.

let me know

Quote Originally Posted by DC2312 View Post
    Hi Ciro, I have previous model "scanmate F6", how long was stopped the scanner? Have you try to move the scanner tray without mounting plate? Switch on only scanner and manually go left and right with the button in front of scanner, may tray few times to the ends right and to the end left.
    Most important, don't try to take scan now, but check the machine work, you should check the withe point and calibrate focus.

let me know
    Hi
    Thank you for the answer. It wasn’t used in 10 years. Unfortunately white balance check also fails and I have tried to scan few times already.
    It also has a flashing error on startup but it goes away an a green “on” lit on display. At that point I am able to move the plate using the buttons without any problem left and right to both ends. The issue start when I begin a scan.
    Might have move something during transportation? The scanner was 5min away from my house and we didn’t lock it for transportation an it has been laying flat on a side in my car. I drove very slow without bumps but this might have been the issue perhaps. Any other tips?
    Regards

Hi, 10 years are so long time, the tray path need oil and grease, it need clean service most probably , are you sure that have selected transmission before negative scan and no transparency?
    Unfortunately no one can help, because are discontinued product and I had to do it all by myself.
    remember first, select transmission before scan your negative or positive film.

Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by DC2312 View Post
    Hi, 10 years are so long time, the tray path need oil and grease, it need clean service most probably , are you sure that have selected transmission before negative scan and no transparency?
    Unfortunately no one can help, because are discontinued product and I had to do it all by myself.
    remember first, select transmission before scan your negative or positive film.

Let me know
    Hi
    Thanks for the tips here I will give it a try even tho I am sure i have try all the modes.
    Wy is choosing transmission fist is important?
    Did you service it yourself?

Hi!,
    Yes I did the cleaning and repair by myself, I had no choice but to throw it away, thank god they are mechanical and not electronic problems, if you select the transmission mode the scanner freezes for a few minutes with the tray locked to the right and then starts again , I think it is due to the lighting of the lamp and its reaching the color temperature, do you use Color Quartet or Colortrio?