Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needed Durst Laborator 54 "Unipla" baseboard

Needed Durst Laborator 54 "Unipla" baseboard

Hi,
    I`m newbie in this forum and in large format too. Allthough I have had Laborator 54 nearly twenty years, I have used it nearly at all.

Now I`m intending to make first 4x5" prints with my Rodagon and Componon, having them in Lapla-lensbord. Lapla needs a hole of about 55 mm. Laborator turret measures inside about 89 mm. So a diameter of Lapla-board is 89 mm with a hole at least 55 mm.
    I can make a temporary "Unipla" from aluminium or plywood.

I thought, that someone could help me to find a better solution. I have tried to find Unipla from Ebay, but not succeed in it yet. Have I any other substitutes?

Best Regards, Risto

Re: Needed Durst Laborator 54 "Unipla" baseboard

All my Laplas measure exactly 78mm and fit in the turret and are marked "LAPLA" on the rim. I suspect your lenses are not mounted on Lapla, but some smaller board. Check for Laplas on ebay.

Thank you ic-racer for your answer. You are wright, both lensboards measure outside diameter 78 mm.
    Durst Componon-S 5.6/150 is in Lapla, from Ebay, just like in this picture:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/objectif-com...item234479b8c5

I have put Rodagon to a lensboard, which appears to be like Autopla in Ebay, with a hole, diameter 49 mm for my uncoated Rodagon 5.6/150 mm lens. I didn`t find just the same image in Ebay, but one with a smaller lensdiameter though. No text in the rim, but in bottom, 5545-2. I suppose, it is an item number. Otherwise like this in Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.es/sch/i.html?_from=...topla&_sacat=0

I checked Durst Laborator54 removable turret, inside diameter of 88,55 mm. Both, Lapla and Autopla, outside diameter is 78 mm. They are too small directly into the turret. Then, what is missing?

Risto

Some photos of your setup may help. If you can remove the turret and install a Unipla, you could then use the Lapla on it. Uniplas are pretty cheap on Ebay, I bought 2 a while back as spares for around $14 US ea. L

Thanks Luis, I have to wait untill find one from Ebay or this Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Some photos of your setup may help. If you can remove the turret and install a Unipla, you could then use the Lapla on it. Uniplas are pretty cheap on Ebay, I bought 2 a while back as spares for around $14 US ea. L
    Risto

I don't think the rotating turret removes from your enlarger. But that is OK because the holes are about 10mm bigger than the LAPLA plate. The thumbscrew should hold it firmly in place. All these lenses are mounted with 78mm plates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	240mmComponon-s.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	125002

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I don't think the rotating turret removes from your enlarger. But that is OK because the holes are about 10mm bigger than the LAPLA plate. The thumbscrew should hold it firmly in place. All these lenses are mounted with 78mm plates.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	240mmComponon-s.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	125002

Here I tried to upload one photo, including Durst 54 turret, "Lapla ? " inside it + Componon5.6/150 mm, also Autopla + Rodagon 5.6/150 mm.

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Durst Laborator_turret_Autopla.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Risto J Nyman View Post
    Here I tried to upload one photo, including Durst 54 turret, "Lapla ? " inside it + Componon5.6/150 mm, also Autopla + Rodagon 5.6/150 mm.

Risto
    Hello Risto,

The black part around your Componon 150mm is unknow to me (Autopla?)
    Can you post the lens stage of your Durst and we will be able to tell you if a standard Unipla (that will take all the Lapla) will fit onto or if the lens stage was modified.

Ginette
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Hi Ginette,

lens stage measures 88 mm, that should be Unipla´s diameter too. Look at the photo L54 (down) and IM in the link.

I have never seen this Instruction Manual in english:

http://www.aphog.de/wp-content/downl...sanleitung.pdf
    Look at page 5.and a picture of L54. Reference numbers 13 and 14. You can see, in the middle, lens; then black "Lapla"; number 13, a bright ring (which is a missing part), black part removable turret? in the hole of bellows.(lens stage).

Look the photo: Inside diameter is 88 mm, then a missing part, Laplas 78 mm outside diameter.
    Hope this is clear enough

Best Regards, Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lens stage L54.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Risto J Nyman View Post
    Hi Ginette,

lens stage measures 88 mm, that should be Unipla´s diameter too. Look at the photo L54 (down) and IM in the link.

I have never seen this Instruction Manual in english:

http://www.aphog.de/wp-content/downl...sanleitung.pdf
    Look at page 5.and a picture of L54. Reference numbers 13 and 14. You can see, in the middle, lens; then black "Lapla"; number 13, a bright ring (which is a missing part), black part removable turret? in the hole of bellows.(lens stage).

Look the photo: Inside diameter is 88 mm, then a missing part, Laplas 78 mm outside diameter.
    Hope this is clear enough

Best Regards, Risto
    Sorry not to be able to identify the part that you need for holding the Lapla on this specific Laborator 54 but I can tell you that the Unipla (and also the Vapla) will not fit onto. Unipla diameter is 200mm. Unipla and Vapla fit on the Durst 138 and the Durst 184.

Is another member know this model?
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com