Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Palm Device for BTZS Software

New Palm Device for BTZS Software

Hello BTZS Users,

All of my old Palm devices have crashed and burned and I need to replace them to use BTZS software.

Any recommendations for a replacement device that is relatively inexpensive. I assume that the BTZS needs Palm OS v. 4.2 or better but the new devices are running v. 5.4. Is that compatible with BTZS software?

Thanks for your help,

Don Bryant

P.S. I want to purchase a new Palm not a used one so e-bay is out for a point of purchase (I think.)

Photographer

Re: New Palm Device for BTZS Software

I have two Palm III's, one unused, that I'll let you have for postage, plus a token amount.
    Keith Pitman

I had mine running on a Zire 22 but recently bought a second hand Tungsten E. I don't use the palm for anything other than the BTZS software so the offer of a basic palm for a token and post is brilliant.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nicholls View Post
    I had mine running on a Zire 22 but recently bought a second hand Tungsten E. I don't use the palm for anything other than the BTZS software so the offer of a basic palm for a token and post is brilliant.

Steve
    Steve,

So no issues with the Zire 22? I should have added that the replacement unit must have USB connectivity. Unfortunately serial port devices and the USB to Serial converters just don't work for me with my current port arrays on my PCs.

Thanks for the quick input,

Don Bryant

I have a friend who uses BTZS with a Zire 22 - no issues. I've installed it as backup on my brand new Tungsten E2 with the latest software. BTZS works fine. However, I carry my old IIIC into the field.
    juan

As Juan said Don no issues with the 22. I'm not a big Palm user for anything other than BTZS so my requirements are very light indeed. My 22 still works fine, I got the s/h Tungsten for the larger screen. Something about over 50 and arms getting too short for current eye focus !

I think the 22 runs the latest or near to latest Palm OS and the BTZS software is faultless on it.

Steve

I still am using an old basic Plam III and it runs fast and fine. I know that that Fred and Dennis at the View Camera Store use and recommended the basic Palm Z22 when I was out there a few months ago.

Given that there are now many smart cell phones available, I would have thought its about time the software was updated to run on those. Ask them to port the code to java or C++ for symbian S60 and see what they say. If thats done then you should be able to run it on any of the Nokia N range of cell phones or any cell phone running Symbian OS S60.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Champagne View Post
    Given that there are now many smart cell phones available, I would have thought its about time the software was updated to run on those. Ask them to port the code to java or C++ for symbian S60 and see what they say. If thats done then you should be able to run it on any of the Nokia N range of cell phones or any cell phone running Symbian OS S60.
    But I don't have (or want) a Nokia. The Palm Z22 works fine for me and I wouldn't like to use a cell phone in it's place.

Don Bryant

well I just thought since most people have already have a cell phone, it saves having two devices that do the same thing. Besides I thought your was palm was finished...