Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The Focus Magazine thread

Re: Focus Magazine - February 2008 Collector's Edition Preview

When, and where, will this edition be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    When, and where, will this edition be available?
    Most B&N's and every single Borders across the country. It won't be there until late Jan though. You can order single copies off of the website as well.

Thanks, done.

Gray Matter Images

Thanks David,
    I recieved mine the other day. What a great gesture.
    Cheers,
    Jeff
    I dream in color and see in black and white.
    http://www.graymatterimages.com

Lodima Press and Focus Magazine are joining forces

Lodima Press, a publishing company known for their incredibly high quality books of photography is joining forces with Focus Fine Art Photography Magazine to form Focus Fine Art Photography Publishing. Lodima Press has published books from the likes of Robert Adams, Paul Caponigro, Keith Carter, Larry Fink, Arthur Tress, Brett Weston and Edward Weston. Focus Magazine, a magazine dedicated to collectors of fine art photography, entering its 4th year of publishing has interviewed such names as Bruce Davidson, Ruth Bernhard, Arnold Newman, Michael Kenna as well as many others.

The purpose of this publishing company is to not only assist photographers and galleries in the process of creating their own book of photography, but then take it to the next level and help them market their new book of photography to collectors.

For more information, please visit www.focuspublishing.net.

Re: Lodima Press and Focus Magazine are joining forces

Sounds interesting, hopefully it wil work out well for both parties. Thanks for the information and good luck.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Michael Smith and Paula Chamlee have a healthy obsession with providing readers with the highest quality possible. In the past 3 issues, the obsession has become contagious and now we are obsessed with it as well. Because I already use a printer for the magazine, I would receive a special rate from him, plus the bindery I use and the paper I would buy, I'll buy in bulk and we'll try to print the books at the same time as the magazine to save on setup charges with the printer and bindery. There seem to be a lot of photographers out there who want to self publish their own books, yet don't have the first clue how to do it not only cost effectively, but also with the absolute highest quality possible. We're going to be able to offer rates to photographers, galleries and museums that no other publishing company could offer and then we'll be able to take that product that we've helped them work on and present it to the audience we've been reaching for the past 3 years. This joint venture has me more excited than a kid in a candy store because of Michael and Paula's knowledge of not only book publishing and photography, but attention to detail and quality. Part of this joint venture is also going to be launching an online bookstore where anyone, whether published with us or not, can sell their books on our website for only a very small annual fee.

I could not possibly be able to communicate properly how excited this opportunity has me... to be able to work with two of the best out there is such an honor for me. I know one thing for sure: We're going to make a lot of photographers very, very happy.

View Camera will be happy to review the books you publish.

looking forward

steve simmons

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    View Camera will be happy to review the books you publish.

looking forward

steve simmons
    Thank you, Steve. That is quite an honor. Once we get going with this, we will definitely be sure to send your magazine some review copies.

Crap now i,m going to have to cancel my subscription to the Brett Weston series