Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Darkroom Renovation Phase 1

Re: Darkroom Renovation Phase 1

Renato thanks for showing your water set up. For some reason this is something I’ve had trouble visualizing for myself.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Renato thanks for showing your water set up. For some reason this is something I’ve had trouble visualizing for myself.
    It took some time to lay it out and it was dictated by the locations of the water and waste hook-ups. It took the plumber an entire day to install.
    The 4 outlets on the right side are controlled by the Intellifaucet water mixing valve are intended for a Jobo ATL, print and film washers. The valve to the left is a cold water line for the Jobo ATL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DK4.1 copy.jpg  

Darkroom Sink Finished by Nokton48, on Flickr

The darkroom sink is finished!

I'm proud of this, I made it completely by myself. This morning my Son and I took it apart out in the garage, carried the parts down, and put it back together. I had contemplated buying a Delta steel Sink II stand, that would have been about $450. This cost total about $225 including the old Delta Sink II. I am putting HEAVY DUTY leveling feet on it, so I can adjust how it drains.

Now will move on to renovating the green Kreonite Plate Washing Sink.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

The leveling feet for the sink is a good idea.
    What will be your set up for print washing - just the one you show in the pictures or others as well?
    As I am laying out my gear (on paper), I fear that my 20x24 washer won't fit, unless I get rid of the 16x20.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    The leveling feet for the sink is a good idea.
    What will be your set up for print washing - just the one you show in the pictures or others as well?
    As I am laying out my gear (on paper), I fear that my 20x24 washer won't fit, unless I get rid of the 16x20.
    Gee my normal washer is an 8x10 although I have both an 11x14 and a 16x20 they’re only brought in as needed. The 1114 is actually still in the original box unused as when I bought it new 30 years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	190171
    Last edited by Luis-F-S; 17-Apr-2019 at 06:30.

It took some time to lay it out and it was dictated by the locations of the water and waste hook-ups. It took the plumber an entire day to install.
    The 4 outlets on the right side are controlled by the Intellifaucet water mixing valve are intended for a Jobo ATL, print and film washers. The valve to the left is a cold water line for the Jobo ATL.
    Mine was done with PEC. Same Intellifaucet. Don’t forget the A/C for the plug.

Phase 1 nearing completion 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Phase I nearing completion 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Phase 1 nearing completion 3 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Setting up lights and other devices today, now it looks like a darkroom. Will start using it this weekend, I am hoping.
    Phase II will be bringing in electrician and plumber. I want to use it for a while in case I want or need to make changes (which I will).
    Will be dusting and cleaning for the next few days, and putting away tools and extra materials.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 17-Apr-2019 at 04:56.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Gee my normal washer is an 8x10 although I have both an 11x14 and a 16x20 they’re only brought in as needed. The 1114 is actually still in the original box unused as when I bought it new 30 years ago.
    Problem is that there is absolutely no other space in my city apt. to store stuff; anything darkroom will have to be in the darkroom. Time will tell...

What will be your set up for print washing - just the one you show in the pictures or others as well? As I am laying out my gear (on paper), I fear that my 20x24 washer won't fit, unless I get rid of the 16x20.
    The largest size I intend to print at this point is 16x20 from 4x5. Bigger than that and size problems seem to compound. I can wash 16x20s 11x14s and 8x10s in my Calumet Archival. And of course a tray and Kodak Tray Siphon works well for a single 16x20. I used to develop single 16x20s in Unicolor Print Drums on a Uniroller.

Level Feet for New Sink by Nokton48, on Flickr

These are the feet levels for my new sink. Intended for heavy machinery.

― Mark Twain

Given the size of that darkroom, I'd skip all the other safelights besides the Thomas. It will easily light that space to any level of brightness and is likely a better design as far as the pass-band of the frequency of the light (vs. the other safelights).