Page 601 of 755 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611651701 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 7547

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Bryan - nice. Hard to say, they are both nice shots. I Agree about the OOF characteristics on this lens. It can be useful with certain subjects. I will try to mount mine someday soon.

Thanks. Now for something different. I wanted to try shooting up into my favorite tree in the backyard at night (again). I made this image with a 47mm XL a few weeks ago, but thought the Aero Ektar might be an interesting experiment.

The exposure was 4 hours, on T-Max 100 semi-stand developed in Pyrocat:

Funny story - I grabbed the camera after this exposure and went to climb back up the hill (we have a very steep backyard) and the camera somehow fell off the tripod. I put the camera on it in the dark and I think I had the hexagonal plate slightly cockeyed. The camera starts bouncing down the hill and I was sure it was going to go all the way down and splash into the creek that runs through the bottom of the ravine. But luckily it slammed into that tree in the photograph and stopped. A close call! Not a hint of damage and the lens, which is just glued onto the lensboard, stayed put, so I guess that was a good test of the glue strength...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Gees that makes me cringe, glad everything is ok.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

I’ve had cameras fall off with those hex plates and seen other photographers have the same problem - a couple with serious camera damage. I’ve gone back to the simple tripod screw for 8x10 and Really Right Stuff mounts for smaller cameras.

Yep I've done it before, actually with one of my old 8x10 cameras onto my kitchen floor. I think the hex plates are easy to jam into the head and it seems correct but will pop out with some jostling. I usually double-check but it was pitch-black and I checked by feel - my mistake, basically. Live and learn! I only use my bigger tripod/head with larger/heavier cameras - I prefer my tiny Manfrotto quick release on a 3030 head.

At least it didn't fall out while making the exposure, only for me to come out hours later with a missing camera .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

More woods/ice with the Aero Ektar. 4x5 FP4+ in pyrocat hdc.

img748 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

Took a hike with my 11x14 last Sunday -- not too far, but I also wanted to test out a new pack and check it out in use before modifying its interior.

Developed a couple of the negatives last night -- the image is of Ward Creek Trail in Hayward, CA...mostly Umbellularia californica...Pepperwoods...also known as California Bay (Laural), Oregon Myrtle, and so on.

f64 for 30 seconds, Fuji W 360/8.3, Ilford FP4+ at 100ASA, Pyrocat HD 35:70:1750 at 72F for 10 minutes, open tray constant aggitation. Most likely a future platinum/palladium print...depending on how the horizontal of this scene turns out!

Negative in a sleeve and on a light table, photographed with a digital camera, inverted in photoshop for your viewing pleasure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WardCr11x14a.jpg   WardCr11x14aInvert.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Our viewing pleasure indeed, very nice Vaughn.

. . St. Cloud, Washington
    Pioneer Apple Orchard. St. Cloud a historic settlement on the banks of the Columbia River, near Skamania, Washington

. . St. Cloud, Washington by Reinhold S., on Flickr

Neg# PLOR 007. K.B. Canham 8x20" camera, 335mm, Yg filter, HP5 film. 2000

More here... Neg# PLOR 007. K.B. Canham 8x20" camera, 335mm, Yg filter, HP5 film. 2000

Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Curtis View Post
    Our viewing pleasure indeed, very nice Vaughn.
    Thanks, Alan.

The horizontal version developed last night. The sun had started to set over the ridge by the time I made this exposure. I am definitely leaning towards the vertical, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WardCrHa.jpg   WardCrHaInvert.jpg   WardCr11x14aInvert.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China