Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stearman Press SP-810

Re: Stearman Press SP-810

Quote Originally Posted by tim48v View Post
    Yes, we have looked at a 11x14. Right now it doesn't look feasible (unless some wants write a really big check); the market isn't big enough.
    We are considering other options: for example, someone wants us to cut up two SP-8x10s and glue them together to make an SP-8x20...
    That was my thought but for 7x17. I normally use BTZS tubes, but don't have them for 7x17. I don't have a darkroom, I use a dark closet and my kitchen. Keep us posted if you if you decide to do something crazy like gluing two SP-810's together.

Roger

Yes, we have looked at a 11x14. Right now it doesn't look feasible (unless some wants write a really big check); the market isn't big enough.
    We are considering other options: for example, someone wants us to cut up two SP-8x10s and glue them together to make an SP-8x20...
    Totally get it... an 1114 option might help people on the fence hop into a new format . As trivial as it sounds developing is one issue for me in ulf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to make a pressure fitted tube cap with light traps that would fit various standard plumbing ABS in 3" or 4" diameters. The user could cut to any desired length. I assume a modular tube system would probably leak if threaded together. I used to have a metal 3 reel system with this type of rubberized fitted cap.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    Is it possible to make a pressure fitted tube cap with light traps that would fit various standard plumbing ABS in 3" or 4" diameters. The user could cut to any desired length. I assume a modular tube system would probably leak if threaded together. I used to have a metal 3 reel system with this type of rubberized fitted cap.
    Not quite sure what you're trying to do, but have you looked at Mechanical Test plugs? I use them on homemade tanks I built which allows me to roll 3" tube during agitation cycles.

Has anybody experienced these types of imprints on their negatives with the SP810?

Look at these stretch mark-like and worm-like patterns in the attached photos.

I've ruled out temperature shift reticulation as I did two tests already with consistent temperature.

Developed using Pyrocat-HD 1:1:200, 60min semi stand development.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Foamer

Not me.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

jurgen,
    Did you get our email with questions?
    You're doing semi-stand development with limited agitation; are you agitating for the first 30 seconds to make sure the film breaks free from the bottom of the tray?

Tim

jurgen,
    Did you get our email with questions?
    You're doing semi-stand development with limited agitation; are you agitating for the first 30 seconds to make sure the film breaks free from the bottom of the tray?

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Got your email. I was agitating for the first minute and then for another minute during the halfway mark. Total dev time is 60 minutes.

What I did differently I guess was I used 400ml of liquid.

Jurgen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jurgen,
    Per your email, the issue is on the emulsion side and you processed emulsion side up. So it must be related to the chemistry, after all, at that point it's just a tray. Don't know how that dilution would behave; you might need more than 400ml.

Tim

Should I buy an SP-810 for £180 for a 'an new' Paterson Orbital for £100 to develop whole plate film? I'm surprised I can't find a comparison of these two anywhere!