Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dictionary of Durst enlarger terms?

Dictionary of Durst enlarger terms?

I have HAD IT with Durst and their naming of enlarger parts. WTF is a Vagla or a Neofembix? Does ANYONE have dictionary of Durst terms? I am trying to find out what I would need to use MF and 4x5 negs on my CLS 1840, and what bits/pieces are missing from my L1200 with a Ilford Multigrade 500S head, and I find myself totally lost in their naming conventions. For such a great piece of machinery, whatever dufus came up with the idea of using these names deserves a quick smack upside the head.

Re: Dictionary of Durst enlarger terms?

As far as I know there are 8 Durst Dictionaries, the most helpful of which was the Whatthefumbix 3460, but it is rare. They go for about $800 used.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    As far as I know there are 8 Durst Dictionaries, the most helpful of which was the Whatthefumbix 3460, but it is rare. They go for about $800 used.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    I have HAD IT with Durst and their naming of enlarger parts. WTF is a Vagla or a Neofembix? Does ANYONE have dictionary of Durst terms? I am trying to find out what I would need to use MF and 4x5 negs on my CLS 1840, and what bits/pieces are missing from my L1200 with a Ilford Multigrade 500S head, and I find myself totally lost in their naming conventions. For such a great piece of machinery, whatever dufus came up with the idea of using these names deserves a quick smack upside the head.
    I started a spread sheet once, but after a while, in a glaring statement that I spend too much time thinking about darkroom gear, I stopped, because I actually learned what all those dumb names mean on the 3 Durst enlargers I have.
    I need to get a life.

But you can't use it without the adaptor that goes with it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    But you can't use it without the adaptor that goes with it, right?
    I should have mentioned that all 8 dictionaries were written in Latin and the adapter is a beautifully crafted optical overlay that will convert each page to Italian. Again, uncommon and expensive, never seen on Ebay but once on Craigslist in Huntsville, Alabama - pick up only due to the weight of the optics.

I should have mentioned that all 8 dictionaries were written in Latin and the adapter is a beautifully crafted optical overlay that will convert each page to Italian. Again, uncommon and expensive, never seen on Ebay but once on Craigslist in Huntsville, Alabama - pick up only due to the weight of the optics.
    Like the condensers, were the optics done by Rodenstock?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Like the condensers, were the optics done by Rodenstock?
    Alpa

epsoalan, lambda, theata, rhoe.. they just keep coming with names.

Have to admit though , probably the best imaging company in the world, hands down.

There always seems to be "just ONE more" rare, obscure part needed to make it usable.
    It's also 240 volt, so some household rewiring is required.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org