Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for dark cloth or other light excluding device for Horseman L-frame

BAB

Suggestions for dark cloth or other light excluding device for Horseman L-frame

Hi,

My old dark cloth is kaput (light leaks even) and I'm wondering if there is anything knew and wonderful in the area of devices that allow one to actually see the ground glass, even in bright light. I've seen small hoods that are dark cloth or leather that mount on a 4x5 and have a smallish hole to look through, perhaps with a loop (which I have). I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these (or something similar), if it would actually fit on a Horseman L-frame, and where I might find one to buy. A weighted dark cloth would also be fine, but they have a tendency to squish my bag bellow so I need to be careful to unsquish it before taking the slide out.

Any suggestions more than welcome, and thanks in advance,
    BAB

Re: Suggestions for dark cloth or other light excluding device for Horseman L-frame

A thick black t shirt or sweatshirt?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Suggestions for dark cloth or other light excluding device for Horseman L-frame

BTZS focusing hood (check eBay)
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

A piece of black fabric from a sewing/fabric store. Won't cost much and you can check the transparency of the fabric at the store.

I heard from a LF photographer the good one is from Target, black window shade, $12.99.

I described my ideal dark cloth to my mate: large, white on one side, black on the other with sleeves about the arms. She walked to our storage space and produce an old XXL sized biker t-shirt that was in storage because it was too big, but perfect as a dark cloth.

It is not a complex problem.

A yard of Ultrabounce.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    A yard of Ultrabounce.
    Sounds interesting; any idea what it costs? The website lists no price.

$11.48/yard

http://www.cinegearstore.com/products/Ultrabounce-(60")-Per-Yard.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Sounds interesting; any idea what it costs? The website lists no price.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Thank you, Richard.
    For some reason, they won't ship to Canada, even though I got a price in Canadian dollars.