Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jumping into LF with Deardorff 14X14 Copy/Enlargement Camera & Folmer & Schwing 12X20

Re: Jumping into LF with Deardorff 14X14 Copy/Enlargement Camera & Folmer & Schwing 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mossypress View Post
    Randy - Great shot. You could press auto body parts with that stand. Is your partner depressed?
    No, I am. She won't talk to me. I worked in stamping plants and still have 11 fingers...
    Tin Can

Re: Jumping into LF with Deardorff 14X14 Copy/Enlargement Camera & Folmer & Schwing 1

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I also fell in love with a huge camera, why not, we may as well fiddle while Rome...

Deardorff 11X14 SC11 Studio camera with the absolutely necessary Bi-Post stand. I think mine is from the 50's but I always tell people it's from the Great Depression and was used to make high rez Sears Catalogs. It was designed, made and sold for that purpose from 1929.

I don't use it all the time,. but I have restored to 100% operational and plan to rearrange my studio so it's more easily used. My partner is not so helpful...

http://deardorffcameras.0catch.com/s11/s11.html

Attachment 141053
    I think you're the kid from the old version of "Miracle on 34th Street " that asked Kris Kringle fo a B-29

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I think you're the kid from the old version of "Miracle on 34th Street " that asked Kris Kringle fo a B-29
    Mine came in Crackerjack box, look up somewhere here in DIY where I describe putting it together while I was incapacitated physically.

LF saved my life, by forcing me to do more physically and get out of the damn wheelchair. I also lost 50 lbs, I am now thinner than the pic.

I wish I had cut the pipes 2 feet taller, but I was barely able to get this setup with help. It almost can touch my 11-1/2 ft ceiling, which is high enough, but irreversible. I cut about 5 feet off...

I'm a 65 year old kid, going on 21.

I also fell in love with a huge camera, why not, we may as well fiddle while Rome...

Deardorff 11X14 SC11 Studio camera with the absolutely necessary Bi-Post stand. I think mine is from the 50's but I always tell people it's from the Great Depression and was used to make high rez Sears Catalogs. It was designed, made and sold for that purpose from 1929.

I don't use it all the time,. but I have restored to 100% operational and plan to rearrange my studio so it's more easily used. My partner is not so helpful...

http://deardorffcameras.0catch.com/s11/s11.html

Attachment 141053
    Thats a killer stand

Quote Originally Posted by vssoutlet View Post
    Thats a killer stand
    That's cut down from 13 feet, which may have already been shortened from 20 feet.
    Tin Can

That's cut down from 13 feet, which may have already been shortened from 20 feet.
    Any interest in my massive 14X14? I started to strip it down for parts, but I just didn't have the heart to disassemble a camera that NASA has in its museum, so I put it all back together.

Sorry no. This type and size of camera is NOT popular and has nearly no buyers. Very few own and use them as a labor of love.

Albatross is their name.
    Tin Can

Well, put it on the for sale board. Maybe you'll get lucky.

I'm sans cash, so even if it was free, I couldn't afford to ship it home. I also have some questions about where I would put it.

That said, it would be so much fun to have.