Page 257 of 655 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Thanks Andrew. I would look for green filter then. I'm loving this film. If handled and processed properly it is as good as panchromatic film.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I've only tested up to Kodak Wratten #11 (green). Stronger greens will most likely work. I would also stay away from red. I got blank sheets. Light orange may work, but I've never tried it.

Attachment 113870

A real boring photo but I didn't think anything would come out on my first try with xray film.

Kodak Ektascan in L110

You are becoming quite a photographer, there TenderObject. Keep posting. I like your images.

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post

Kodak Master View 8x10 + Fuji HRT Green X-ray Film + Ilford ID-11

Ilam, Iran 2014
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by tenderobject View Post
    Thanks Andrew. I would look for green filter then. I'm loving this film. If handled and processed properly it is as good as panchromatic film.
    I don't get why people don't think that x-ray film is not as good as panchromatic film. It is orthochromatic, that's the only real difference. It does not respond to a red filter, because ortho film is blind to red light. This makes it easy to develop because you can do it under a ruby light. It was/is called a ruby light because it is pure red. Easiest way to tell if the light is red enough is with a compact disc (cd). Turn on red safe light, hold cd up so you sight across the bands and see what colors are present. This is also helpful for cutting film to fit other sizes, and for loading film holders.

I don't get why people don't think that x-ray film is not as good as panchromatic film
    They are two different things and both have a purpose, just like digital and analogue.

I posted this over at the other xray thread. Carbon transfer print from Kodak Ektascan. Very diute Pyrocat-HD. I really like how the grass and foliage were rendered in light tones. This film is sharp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SouthLawn2.jpg  

One of those shots where everything went wrong, but somehow I still got a picture.
    Over exposed, under developed, scratches, drips, bubbles...

4x5 X-ray
    Home-made camera with 13 1/2" Aviar Anastigmat: Red Aviar Camera

Thank you Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    You are becoming quite a photographer, there TenderObject. Keep posting. I like your images.

Thanks for the info Premortho. I love what i'm getting with X-ray film right now. I think i'll stick with it because it's much cheaper and if i handle it correctly when processed i would get the same result as using a cheap panchromatic film. This film actually reminds me of my 4x5 Arista edu film. I just have to tame the contrast and i'm good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by premortho View Post
    I don't get why people don't think that x-ray film is not as good as panchromatic film. It is orthochromatic, that's the only real difference. It does not respond to a red filter, because ortho film is blind to red light. This makes it easy to develop because you can do it under a ruby light. It was/is called a ruby light because it is pure red. Easiest way to tell if the light is red enough is with a compact disc (cd). Turn on red safe light, hold cd up so you sight across the bands and see what colors are present. This is also helpful for cutting film to fit other sizes, and for loading film holders.

WOW! I wish i could get a tone like this with my X-ray film.. Too bad i don't have any other developer to use right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I posted this over at the other xray thread. Carbon transfer print from Kodak Ektascan. Very diute Pyrocat-HD. I really like how the grass and foliage were rendered in light tones. This film is sharp.