Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

Niels

Re: A little more Intrepid news (es bueno news)

Quote Originally Posted by unityofsaints View Post
    Could've just hit pause and done something else? I posted the text form as well if you prefer that.
    Not asking you to take responsibility for my choices. Just putting up a warning.
    ----
    Niels

What has become obvious over the life of the Intrepid Camera Co. is that they continue - year after year - to over-promise and under-deliver. They quote delivery times for a purchase and from what I can tell (personal experience and what I've read on forums) they rarely - if ever - actually meet the stated delivery time. That's not a good way to do business. If you know you're not meeting your own stated product delivery times, then change the forecast to set realistic expectations for the customer.

Aside from that, I did purchase the 5x7 Intrepid 2 years ago, and its been a faithful, user-friendly tool and I have very few complaints about it. The primary issue I have with it is that I cannot mount it on my larger Manfrotto tripod because the mount screw is too long for the mounting plate, and interferes with the focus auger. This is an odd design flaw, IMO: seems it could have been easily remedied at the concept stage.

Have the v1.0 8x10 camera and while I understand people are happy with constant upgrades, I'd be annoyed if a new one came out after I got mine. They shld just sit tight and see what other things can be improved upon, and then release a killer upgrade. I'd rather see this than incrementals.

I can think of other more important user friendly improvements they can add, but I'll let them figure that out haha

and it's a superficial nit, but damn I wish video guy would just call it MARK Five instead of saying 'EM KAY' lol
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Niels

Just to balance things off here. They over delivered in my case, I had my camera in hand weeks before promised at order time.

The base tripod mount is often mentioned and is indeed a design flaw, but I have never owned a tripod (except for the table type) that didn't offer a counter screw, thus I would personally put it in the minor inconvenience category. I have a hexagon Manfrotto tripod plate permanently mounted on the camera and never have to think about it.

If they can maintain the low price, while doing small improvements, it is great for the LF community.
    ----
    Niels

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Have the v1.0 8x10 camera and while I understand people are happy with constant upgrades, I'd be annoyed if a new one came out after I got mine. They shld just sit tight and see what other things can be improved upon, and then release a killer upgrade. I'd rather see this than incrementals.

I can think of other more important user friendly improvements they can add, but I'll let them figure that out haha

and it's a superficial nit, but damn I wish video guy would just call it MARK Five instead of saying 'EM KAY' lol
    I didn't pickup on the 'EM KAY' Think I'll rewatch it now!

Lachlan 717

The updated specs and price have been added to their website.

Has written details, but average photos to compliment these words…
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

DHL say's its coming this Friday, 9/30. So hopefully I can get some pics to you guys by early next week.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    DHL say's its coming this Friday, 9/30. So hopefully I can get some pics to you guys by early next week.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible.
    If you're curious about the updates, I uploaded a first look Video on my channel last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3b4cR3MfY

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Aside from that, I did purchase the 5x7 Intrepid 2 years ago, and its been a faithful, user-friendly tool and I have very few complaints about it. The primary issue I have with it is that I cannot mount it on my larger Manfrotto tripod because the mount screw is too long for the mounting plate, and interferes with the focus auger. This is an odd design flaw, IMO: seems it could have been easily remedied at the concept stage.
    in my 4x5 (metal bed) i just put a washer between the arca-swiss-compatible-plate and the camera, so that the screw does not interfere with the focus auger, that's a 5cents solution.
    Could've they put the focus mechanism 2-3mm higher? yes. Is it a dealbreaker? i won't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Horne View Post
    If you're curious about the updates, I uploaded a first look Video on my channel last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3b4cR3MfY
    HEY! You are that dude on Youtube!!!
    --