Page 609 of 655 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Now that life has somewhat returned to normal here I'll be able to go out for some test shoots. Before that I thought it best to dummy develop a sheet each of what I have to determine fog levels. Thankful I did since it looks as if the Cronex has gone to Kronos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XRAY.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	225769

Perhaps you cannot find NOS?

NA still has in date X-Ray

Is your film for digital or analog?

Analog works

Quote Originally Posted by Rubud View Post
    Now that life has somewhat returned to normal here I'll be able to go out for some test shoots. Before that I thought it best to dummy develop a sheet each of what I have to determine fog levels. Thankful I did since it looks as if the Cronex has gone to Kronos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XRAY.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	225769
    Tin Can

With apologies, I'm not sure what NOS is. The film however is analogue (along with my intended use). I haven't done any field test as yet but I'm thinking the Curix could be shot around EI 25 as a starter and see how I go about scanning/printing through the fog. The Cronex I'll fix out and use for some alternative process.

Is NA a company in Australia as I'd love to get my hands on fresh stock? I've found it hard to find a supplier here and what I have found will only supply the medical profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Perhaps you cannot find NOS?

NA still has in date X-Ray

Is your film for digital or analog?

Analog works

NA = North America

NOS = New Old Stock

Australia is way out of my league, shipping is beyond too high

Most of the world is eliminating analog X-Ray asap, but maybe still in demand for veterinarians in the outback

I expect fresh will be gone soon in USA

With apologies, I'm not sure what NOS is. The film however is analogue (along with my intended use). I haven't done any field test as yet but I'm thinking the Curix could be shot around EI 25 as a starter and see how I go about scanning/printing through the fog. The Cronex I'll fix out and use for some alternative process.

Is NA a company in Australia as I'd love to get my hands on fresh stock? I've found it hard to find a supplier here and what I have found will only supply the medical profession.
    Tin Can

Thanks for that. Shipping is indeed expensive from overseas.

The stock I have was given to me by a cousin of a friend who retired from radiology. By his own admission it had been "sitting around" for some time so my hopes of finding something usable weren't high to start. Thankfully the Curix-Ortho looks workable of which I'll have more than enough when cut down to 4x5 (100 sheets 7"x17" + 50 sheets 14"x36"). There's also 300 sheets (14"x17") of Curix UVG that is yet to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    NA = North America

NOS = New Old Stock

Australia is way out of my league, shipping is beyond too high

Most of the world is eliminating analog X-Ray asap, but maybe still in demand for veterinarians in the outback

I expect fresh will be gone soon in USA

Great!

Post images when you can and if they are 4X5 and above negs, post in normal film OR X-Ray as it IS real film!

I knew one Australian on Walkabout 25 years ago, he was young and fun!

Thanks for that. Shipping is indeed expensive from overseas.

The stock I have was given to me by a cousin of a friend who retired from radiology. By his own admission it had been "sitting around" for some time so my hopes of finding something usable weren't high to start. Thankfully the Curix-Ortho looks workable of which I'll have more than enough when cut down to 4x5 (100 sheets 7"x17" + 50 sheets 14"x36"). There's also 300 sheets (14"x17") of Curix UVG that is yet to be tested.
    Tin Can

18x24cm Mammo Norma 121mm F45 18 pops C171 Beauty Light Grid by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing Kodak Mammography 18x24cm in HC-110 "H" 6.5 mins at ambient. 8x10 Sinar Norma 121mm F8 Sinar Norma Schneider Super Angulon on Norma Vertical Copy Arrangement. Shooting straight down at F45. Broncolor C171 Monolight with Broncolor Blue Pulso Beauty Dish, popped eighteen times with shutter on "B" to build up the density. Contact printed Omega DII with Omegaite Arista RC #2 Matte paper Multigrade developer. Digital background shot by Tim Layton and was blown up by me at Costco. It was dark red so I guess I should have expected a lack of density on the right. Live and learn. Highlight tonality looks decent to me. 18x24 XRay film is easy and fun to shoot

Sinar Norma 8x10 Overhead Reflex Rig by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 30-Mar-2022 at 07:40.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

A few years ago I had the problem of finding a company which would ship to me. I asked my doctor of many years if he could order for me and he did so.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Western Blot 5x7 Xray film. I just bought 100 sheets on Amazon and I really do not know much about it. I want to use Fa-1027 developer given its favorable properties, but there is very very little info out there about that too haha. I likely will just have to do some trial and error, but boy am I glad to finally have an alternative to Arista Ortho Litho with my 5x7 Press Graflex. At any rate, insight of the sort would be appreciated.

Cheers

Well, who knows, never heard of it

However Amazon does sell known X-ray

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Medium-...0B5VAJEA&psc=1

Good luck and let us know

I carefully cut X-Ray to many sizes
    Tin Can