Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo field 810m

Re: Toyo field 810m

Indeed. That "yaw free" stuff mostly applies to studio table top work often with controlled lighting. Combined camera movements for portraits or outdoor images is not common. This feature adds weight, complexity and cost to a camera that should not be considered unless really needed.

Back in the days when catalog product table top images in a studio was the way, that is where a Sinar P really does well.

Sinar user since the mid 1980's and to this day.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    My 8x10 field camera is less than half the weight of a P. All that "yaw-free" hype has little real-world significance except for certain tabletop studio applications. And I'm a long-time Sinar user.

Just FYI, many of the parts of the Toyo 810M and 810MII are interchangeable. Toyo still makes the 810MII, and I can supply any parts or accessories that may be required. Just last week, I shipped the locking assembly for an 810M. This part is identical to the one on the 810MII, except for the color.

A new 810MII will cost 378,000 JPY, plus shipping.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    Just FYI, many of the parts of the Toyo 810M and 810MII are interchangeable. Toyo still makes the 810MII, and I can supply any parts or accessories that may be required. Just last week, I shipped the locking assembly for an 810M. This part is identical to the one on the 810MII, except for the color.

Kumar
    That is very interesting. I was told by Mamiya customer service in New Jersey about a couple of months ago that the 810M has ceased production and their parts inventory is thin if at all. Since I am assuming the interchangeability you mentioned is readily known by the service attendants I took this as par for the course. If that is in fact true that is wonderful. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post

Kumar
    Looks like your are on point as I see B&H has the camera listed with a long lead time for $5,900 US. I will keep you in mind if I should need parts. Thanks again!

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Kumar is correct: The MII is still in production and you can order a new one from a US retailer like B&H or from Kumar who has by far the better price.

The big advantage of the MII over its predecessor the M is the front standard of the MII reverses to allow you to use a longer lens. For example, I can use the 760mm Apo-Nikkor on my MII and the bed has a little extension left but you need the long bellows to use that lens. I'd guess that you could probably use up to an 800mm lens on that camera - longer if the lens is a tele design. With the 610mm Apo-Nikkor the standard bellows is sufficient. But I understand that the M's front standard can be converted to the MII's reversal with parts from Toyo-View repair - Mamiya America or MAC Group - here is the states.

The camera itself is really not that heavy, In fact, when you pick it up it feels deceptively light but with the whole kit - lens, holders, tripod...etc., is in the pack it becomes a weighty load. Unless you have a mule or ilama you don't want to go on overnight backpacks with it.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Kumar is correct: The MII is still in production and you can order a new one from a US retailer like B&H or from Kumar who has by far the better price.

The big advantage of the MII over its predecessor the M is the front standard of the MII reverses to allow you to use a longer lens. For example, I can use the 760mm Apo-Nikkor on my MII and the bed has a little extension left but you need the long bellows to use that lens. I'd guess that you could probably use up to an 800mm lens on that camera - longer if the lens is a tele design. With the 610mm Apo-Nikkor the standard bellows is sufficient. But I understand that the M's front standard can be converted to the MII's reversal with parts from Toyo-View repair - Mamiya America or MAC Group - here is the states.

The camera itself is really not that heavy, In fact, when you pick it up it feels deceptively light but with the whole kit - lens, holders, tripod...etc., is in the pack it becomes a weighty load. Unless you have a mule or ilama you don't want to go on overnight backpacks with it.

Thomas
    Great news all the way around as I was in misguided doomsday mode relative to this camera. I may have to upgrade as the thought of a factory new 810M is very appealing.

I too have a 810M, a great camera, which sees too little use these days.. I echo the comment on the original bellows, pinholes abound, I got a beautifull replacement bellows from Camera Bellows. Search this forum , there is a thread dedicated to the 810M, I believe started by Ari whit a lot of useful information,

Enjoy,

Cor

Seller is saying he didn't use the cam since 2010 but that all movements are smooth.. only question is bellows. What can happen to them after all this years ... and buying new ones would cost min additional 200 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jbuck View Post
    Seller is saying he didn't use the cam since 2010 but that all movements are smooth.. only question is bellows. What can happen to them after all this years ... and buying new ones would cost min additional 200 bucks
    Just ask the seller to set up the camera in a closed room with the bellows extended and after turning out the lights have him put a short flashlight in the bellows point to the outside. Any issues with the bellows will be very obvious. I have seen bellows that were unused for over 10 years that were as good as new when put back into service. I have also seen bellows that have a service life of three years only determined to be shot when full bellows extension was in play and obvious light leaks in the negative area pointed in this direction. It all comes down to the quality of the materials used in making the bellows. If they were original Toyo bellows I would bet they are A OK.
    Last edited by Michael Kadillak; 7-Sep-2018 at 18:25. Reason: typo

Can somebody tell me what is this "loose" part?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180908-153140_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	182263
    Thanks for help guys, i just want to make sure what i buy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20180908-152412_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg