Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to identify Horseman monorail camera models

Re: How to identify Horseman monorail camera models

Sinar F is not difficult to transport as there are many ways to do this from fold up, to shorted rail transported whole, taken apart and more. This ability and feature comes out of Sinar modularity.. Most important as noted in post# 15, "The Sinar F series is not that heavy and can be folded for transport in several different ways. It is also a perfect learners camera, as its easy to see the movements and their effects."
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...F-camera/page2

At this point, the most important goal is to learn how to view camera using a camera that is easy to learn on with no fuss, few hassles, bad behavior and all those details a lesser view camera can and will cause grief with due to a very long list of reasons..

Here it is again, the Horseman LM taken apart then fitted to it's case. Un-do the bellows (easy) fold up the standards (not always easy to do), set the entire folded up camera specific to the way it must fit in the case with rail. Get this wrong and it will not fit properly. There is fidget involved.. Oh, notice there is zero room in this Horseman case for anything other than the... camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horseman LM & Case.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	233340

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Califmike33 View Post
    I stand corrected the SINAR F2 weighs 6 pounds not 16 it was a typo. Now 6 pounds is wayyyyyyy doable, heck most good field cameras weight half that. Bernice you the man thanks for all the photos.

I saw that thread how it he packs his F2 very nice. You say the Horseman L has to to be take apart ? like bellows off, front standard and rear come off rail. Front and rear standard lay on top of eaachother, rail comes off mount, its some work but doesnt look that hard to do really. Look like it would pack smaller than the F2 if you took the Horse L apart and just folded the F2. To me the weight difference is alot your talking 3 pounds between the 2 cameras.

People have PM me and said i carry a monorail into the woods and i deal with it, others have said its to much hassle and to much weight, but i say 6 pounds for a camera that size and the ability you have once your in the woods is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Sinar F is not difficult to transport as there are many ways to do this from fold up, to shorted rail transported whole, taken apart, and more. This ability and feature come out of Sinar modularity. Most important as noted in post# 15, "The Sinar F series is not that heavy and can be folded for transport in several different ways. It is also a perfect learner's camera, as it's easy to see the movements and their effects."
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...F-camera/page2

At this point, the most important goal is to learn how to view a camera using a camera that is easy to learn with no fuss, few hassles, bad behavior, and all those details a lesser view camera can and will cause grief with due to a very long list of reasons.

Here it is again, the Horseman LM taken apart and then fitted to its case. Un-do the bellows (easy) fold up the standards (not always easy to do) and set the entire folded-up camera specific to the way it must fit in the case with rail. Get this wrong and it will not fit properly. There is fidget involved. Oh, notice there is zero room in this Horseman case for anything other than the... camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horseman LM & Case.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	233340

Bernice
    You're right Bernice it's about learning and the fact it's 6 pounds on top is great. I know about the one on Igors, I'm looking at his and another one i found mint in the box still for a little more, sorry I'm kinda picky about looks can't help it. That HM L fits that case like a glove with 0 room left.

Offering from Igor is a complete kit, ready to go with right to return if there is a problem..

"Mint" in box will need lens board, extra rail and much more, might not be returnable and all that.

"Mint" means about zero in the overall scheme of image making.. Most camera folks would cringe at how some of the Sinar stuff was treated/used in years past. They easily survived, got the image made with no worst for "normal wear"...

Bernice

You right Bernice its about learing and the fact its 6 pounds on top is a great. I know about the one on Igors, im looking at his and another one i found mint in the box still for a little more, sorry im kinda picky about looks cant help it.

I will have Igor send me photos, i dont buy sight unseen without photos at least, he will be back on the 7th i will contact him. Igors is a dam good price compared to the stuff on ebay and Keh.

Purchased plenty from Igor signs un-seen, never disappointed, never had an issue to date, never had any need to return as Igor advertises as described. Igor has been at this foto wheel'en_deal'en stuff for years.. if Igor was not good at this, they would have been long gone years ago. That said, fotos are semi-useful as fotos alone does not tell the entire story. IMO, function is more important than beauty alone.

Think KEH, Used Photo Pro, MPB and other good/honest foto dealers.. eBay.. sometimes good, some times ok, some times _!_ NO way _!_..

The other place to shop is the LFF for sale/trade ads..

Bernice

I will have Igor send me photos, i dont buy sight unseen without photos at least, he will be back on the 7th i will contact him.

Ok, yeah i KEH has a good rep, never heard of used photo Pro. Went on Used Photo Pro looks like a good place for photo gear.

Is there a way to fold a Sinar P/P2/X like the Horseman? I figure the geared swings will make putting the standards parallel to the rail will be a chore.

You're right Bernice it's about learning and the fact it's 6 pounds on top is great. I know about the one on Igors, I'm looking at his and another one i found mint in the box still for a little more, sorry I'm kinda picky about looks can't help it. That HM L fits that case like a glove with 0 room left.
    Peter Chong
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by pchong View Post
    Is there a way to fold a Sinar P/P2/X like the Horseman? I figure the geared swings will make putting the standards parallel to the rail will be a chore.
    Im curious how hard it is to packing that HM LX.

BTW Bernice

Horseman L on the short rail folds easily and quickly into a briefcase

Yes, nothing else fits

SINAR sold a wood box with back pack straps and holds enough for usage, lenses, DDS, extensions, etc

I have one and even field tested it

I got it LN from KEH

Cheap
    Tin Can

If OP is still here

Here is Horseman Camera catalog archived by B&H NYC

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWo...FormatView.pdf
    Tin Can