Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft

Jeffery Dale Welker

Re: Aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Wow!

Sharp negs and scans!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I saw this on Instagram but it's great to see it much larger here! Really cool photo!

I have a KE-12 with blacked-out lens board and matching black Kodak Ektar. It would certainly be interesting to know what photos it took.
    Thanks for the kind words. Dad was a terrific photographer. I'm especially impressed with his skills shooting 4x5 hand held.

Dad took this photograph in 1950. It shows his squadron's 'Alert' pilots practicing a 'scramble' drill at Luke AFB in Glendale, AZ. Dad took good notes on this image "Ansco 4x5 Super Hy-Ortho Type V Class C Film, USAF KE-12 Camera 4x5, Rodenstock Optar 135mm F/8". I scanned the negative with my Epson V850.

Real life: "Twelve O'Clock High"

Looks shot at Noon Full Sun.

Perfect DOF and stop action.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo22 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. Dad was a terrific photographer. I'm especially impressed with his skills shooting 4x5 hand held.

Dad took this photograph in 1950. It shows his squadron's 'Alert' pilots practicing a 'scramble' drill at Luke AFB in Glendale, AZ. Dad took good notes on this image "Ansco 4x5 Super Hy-Ortho Type V Class C Film, USAF KE-12 Camera 4x5, Rodenstock Optar 135mm F/8". I scanned the negative with my Epson V850.

Amazing clarity in that action scene. Need to dig back in this thread, sounds very interesting.

My second from Dayton Airshow 2019....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-47 black-web.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	193030

Jeffery Dale Welker

Quote Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
    My second from Dayton Airshow 2019....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-47 black-web.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	193030
    I like how you framed and composed this image. Excellent work sir.

Thank you Salmo, you know on an airshow, there are too many people, didn't wanted to have people in my shot. had to come up with something, so I though change the perspective

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo22 View Post
    My father was a photographer in the Arizona Air National Guard from 1949 to 1965. After his death, I was blessed to inherit all of his negatives from a lifetime as a professional photographer. Many of his military photographs were taken with a USAF KE-12 4x5 camera - a Graflex Speed Graphic. I am in the process of curating all his negatives and the 4x5 negatives are a joy to scan. The image below was taken with dad's KE-12 and he used Ansco Superpan Press film. He was flying in the back seat of a Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star. He often told me it was his favorite airplane for making aerial images as you had a large canopy with lots of room to maneuver. This image is part of a series of air-to-air photographs he made of his squadron (197th FIS) prior to their transitioning from F-86L Sabres to the new Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Incredible photo. I love it.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Static shot of a Beechcraft Kansan at Lonestar Flight Museum, Ellington Field, Houston TX. Please ignore the stanchions and chains, just the way they do it here. Chamonix 45F1, expired Kodak Ektachrome 64T film.

Lonestar Flight Museum by Kenny Johnson, on Flickr

Really impressive images from old warbirds
    Best regards

Bernhard

https://deramateurphotograph.de/

Don't think I've seen a Collodion image here. I did it in 2013 if I remember correctly and think it was half plate shot on black glass with an Ajax Petzval using my own formulation for the emulsion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airplane 2.jpg