Page 1500 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 500100014001450149014981499150015011502151015501600 ... LastLast
Results 14,991 to 15,000 of 17142

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Nice image, Greg -- great light playing across the mountains.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post
    Thanks!
    It was well researched and planned and came out well I think. Could have had a bit more clouds/texture in the sky, but on the other hand I was lucky with the clouds on the mountain.
    Such a beautiful image, Lasse, but I'm curious about something. I went to Google Maps to locate Borka and found that, in Satellite mode, no such mountain exists anywhere near there. In fact all the terrain in that area is rather flat. Could it be that your memory is "hazy" or has Google Maps taken on the ability to edit images in Photoshop? Please enlighten me. Here is a screenshot of what I see on Google Maps.

Attachment 207018

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    I really like the b&w one.

Clevedon ?

Martin
    Yes, it makes for a good day out, probably easier in the winter months when there will be less people about

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bodine View Post
    Such a beautiful image, Lasse, but I'm curious about something. I went to Google Maps to locate Borka and found that, in Satellite mode, no such mountain exists anywhere near there. In fact all the terrain in that area is rather flat. Could it be that your memory is "hazy" or has Google Maps taken on the ability to edit images in Photoshop? Please enlighten me. Here is a screenshot of what I see on Google Maps.

Attachment 207018
    Thanks,

Lol,well that's another Borka. I think it's a village along the east coast. About 500 km off.
    Not many mountains there.
    No, Google doesn't get it right sometimes.
    The long name is Borkafjäll but since fjäll just means mountain it's usually shortened.

Try this link instead:

https://www.google.se/maps/@65.24876...7i13312!8i6656
    (Not my car )

Beautiful country...I had tried to find it by looking for Borka Mountain (any excuse to travel by Google...).
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

2020-08-21 Congo 90/5.6@22 Red f Foma 200 in HC110 1+31 24C 7-15 min010 by Yuriy Sanin, on Flickr
    Vasilkovsky Carpathians. Ukraine.
    Not far from Kiev, there is an absolutely fantastic place called "Vasylkiv Carpathians". Among the flat terrain, ravines and gorges suddenly appear, overgrown with grassy vegetation and trees.
    In this case, I liked the combination of geometric shapes and light accents.
    A complex combination of front wall rise and back wall tilt was used.
    Nagaoka 4x5. Congo 90/6.3@22. Red filter. Fomapan 200 in Ilfotech HC110 1 + 31.

A wonderful balance of light and dark forms -- with the dark forms staying quite alive and full of accessable information.
    I like the tension between being invited to enter into the image but these beautifully lit thorns say otherwise.
    And lastly -- I appreciate the open upper corners. This could have easily been a vertical with the tree branches sweeping up into the corners and enclosing this space. It would be a good photograph...but it would not capture what the photographer mentioned about this being an open landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by orgraph View Post
    2020-08-21 Congo 90/5.6@22 Red f Foma 200 in HC110 1+31 24C 7-15 min010 by Yuriy Sanin, on Flickr
    Vasilkovsky Carpathians. Ukraine.
    Not far from Kiev, there is an absolutely fantastic place called "Vasylkiv Carpathians". Among the flat terrain, ravines and gorges suddenly appear, overgrown with grassy vegetation and trees.
    In this case, I liked the combination of geometric shapes and light accents.
    A complex combination of front wall rise and back wall tilt was used.
    Nagaoka 4x5. Congo 90/6.3@22. Red filter. Fomapan 200 in Ilfotech HC110 1 + 31.

Very nice. Interesting and well executed composition.

Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post

Moon over Borka
    Northern Sweden

Chamonix 45H-1, G-Claron 9/240, Ilford HP5+ 9x12
    Very nice, other-worldly, and I can't quite tell, but it looks like your exposure has captured detail on the moon's surface.

I'd enjoy seeing an image cropped from this one so we can better appreciate Diana's face.

I bet your g-claron's performance would help this work.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    Very nice, other-worldly, and I can't quite tell, but it looks like your exposure has captured detail on the moon's surface.

I'd enjoy seeing an image cropped from this one so we can better appreciate Diana's face.

I bet your g-claron's performance would help this work.
    Well, I have no idea how the g-claron would help in this case. It's quite capable to render some detail from the moons face. As is most lenses.

Which one of my two exposures, the one expected to render the moon, also did.
    The other exposure bracket was intended for rendering the rest of the image, since it was pretty dark, and had a very overexposed moon, as you would guess.

It seems the bit about seeing the negative was edited out?