Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

multiplex

Re: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Cryptocurrency is not a commodity. It has no inherent value or purpose. A commodity has a function. It can be used for something. That's what gives it value. Oil can be converted into plastics, film and gasoline, wheat can be made into bread and be eaten, copper can be made into electrical wire, steel into I beams to build buildings, gold into jewelry and for electronic circuitry, cotton into clothes, etc. Crypto cannot be used for anything. You can't wear it, eat it, drive it, build with it, drink it, etc. I'd rather freeze film for an investment.
    Hi Alan,
    Sorry to bum you out but you might be wrong. It is traded like a commodity and not tied to what certain people might refer to a corrupt/grifty/overly manipulated central banking system. It has the same use as your greenbacks in your wallet which are also traded for things and have no use than having an assumed value / "traded as legal tender" and go up and down in value. Good luck with using your expired freezer burned film as money, people won't be able to have it developed (like current box of Autochromes, Kodachromes or E4 Film are treated today) at least in future-time you can sell the cool box on eBay just remember as AZO sellers do, fan out the film to show it's real! My "big swollen toe", "hand with toe instead of thumb" and "Ether Dome" are still worth everything I paid for them!

Re: Photos Used to Generate AI Images for Client So Photographer Never Shoots Again

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    Hi Alan,
    Sorry to bum you out but you might be wrong. It is traded like a commodity and not tied to what certain people might refer to a corrupt/grifty/overly manipulated central banking system. It has the same use as your greenbacks in your wallet which are also traded for things and have no use than having an assumed value / "traded as legal tender" and go up and down in value. Good luck with using your expired freezer burned film as money, people won't be able to have it developed (like current box of Autochromes, Kodachromes or E4 Film are treated today) at least in future-time you can sell the cool box on eBay just remember as AZO sellers do, fan out the film to show it's real! My "big swollen toe", "hand with toe instead of thumb" and "Ether Dome" are still worth everything I paid for them!
    Greenbacks aren't a commodity either but at one time were backed by silver and gold. Now if you want silver, you have to buy film. Tmax 100 is worth more than my $5 dollar bill. . Regarding film, that could go up or down, (Probably up), but at the end of the day, it can be used for something - taking pictures. What could you use bitcoin for? Zip! I think the two 4x5 packs of Velvia 50 in my freezer will be worth more than what I paid for them. If I give up LF photography, I could always trade it for food from one of the posters here.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    Greenbacks aren't a commodity either but at one time were backed by silver and gold. Now if you want silver, you have to buy film. Tmax 100 is worth more than my $5 dollar bill. . Regarding film, that could go up or down, (Probably up), but at the end of the day, it can be used for something - taking pictures. What could you use bitcoin for? Zip! I think the two 4x5 packs of Velvia 50 in my freezer will be worth more than what I paid for them. If I give up LF photography, I could always trade it for food from one of the posters here.
    What can I do with Bitcoin ? I can trade it for over $16,000.00.
    only a chump would buy frozen velveeta … it’s only good for grilled cheese with 3 bacon strips a tomato and slices of green apple..Bitcoin has a higher value …
    https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin/

Nicholas O. Lindan

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    ...greenbacks in your wallet which are also traded for things and have no use than having an assumed value
    My opinion (or soapbox rant) on the subject:

Greenbacks are IOUs from the government and these IOUs are redeemed through taxes.

The intrinsic value of paper money are the things the government bought with the money - roads, bridges, standing army/security et al.. The paper money in circulation is the worth of the country's common assets - the cost of conquering and keeping the land and the stuff built on the land.

Outside of the government's spend & tax back scheme everything else can be seen as barter. Using the government's IOU slips for barter incurs a tax, of course - "Render unto Caeser that which is Caeser's" and all that. If the government would accept tomatoes for payment of taxes then people would be less willing to accept government IOUs as payment for government purchases.
    Darkroom Automation / Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
    f-Stop Timers & Enlarging meters http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by nolindan View Post
    My opinion (or soapbox rant) on the subject:

Greenbacks are IOUs from the government and these IOUs are redeemed through taxes.

The intrinsic value of paper money are the things the government bought with the money - roads, bridges, standing army/security et al.. The paper money in circulation is the worth of the country's common assets - the cost of conquering and keeping the land and the stuff built on the land.

Outside of the government's spend & tax back scheme everything else can be seen as barter. Using the government's IOU slips for barter incurs a tax, of course - "Render unto Caeser that which is Caeser's" and all that. If the government would accept tomatoes for payment of taxes then people would be less willing to accept government IOUs as payment for government purchases.
    I like tomatoes much more than velveeta!

Some crypto is used as proof-of-work and has inherent value due to that. Paper money today is actually worth less in terms of inherent value.

Crypto can be used for digital watermarking, copyright protection, etc., but it's still in its infancy. Whether any of that happens is anyone's guess.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I have always contended that digital 'photography' does not require a camera. In fact I don't call it "digital photography" anyway, it has always been computer graphics to me, and I have been involved with it since the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Some crypto is used as proof-of-work and has inherent value due to that. Paper money today is actually worth less in terms of inherent value.

Crypto can be used for digital watermarking, copyright protection, etc., but it's still in its infancy. Whether any of that happens is anyone's guess.
    Block chain, maybe. Depends on what you mean with 'crypto.'

Yes I mean blockchain
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

How does it relate to "Bankman-Fried is arrested as feds charge massive fraud at FTX crypto exchange. Sam Bankman-Fried's crypto empire abruptly collapsed last month.Dec 12, 2022"

He has lost puppy eyes like many dreamers

How much is that doggy in the window?

I asked Alexa, she wanted to sell me a different dog

no way
    Tin Can