Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

Re: Scanner Comparison 2019 [Epson Flatbed | Eversmart Flatbed | Drum Scanners]

It is like crack, one time and your hooked! I almost started with 8x10, but chickened out at the size initially. Now, I think I am ready, 5x7 and 8x10, especially 8x10 for contact printing.

85% are not addictive personalities

15% ruin a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    It is like crack, one time and your hooked! I almost started with 8x10, but chickened out at the size initially. Now, I think I am ready, 5x7 and 8x10, especially 8x10 for contact printing.
    Tin Can

True and in reality I am not an addictive person. So much so, I had to take heart medicine and BP medicine a few years ago, and I got bored of taking them and stopped. Luckily I do not need them any more.

I wonder if anyone would care to speculate as to possible scan quality of a Microtek ArtixScan 3200XL? I can hardly find any information on this scanner and I have only been able to find them for sale as brand new. Aside from the tri-wavelength LED and CYMK and LCH modes I'm wondering if there's a major difference with the MikroTek ScanMaker 1000XL Plus.

I realise there's a huge quality difference between these prosumer scanners such as the Epson Expression 12000XL and Creo IQSmarts and the Cezanne Screens.

I'm just interested in reading members opinions on these scanners.

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. Been tied up at work and I hope to resume my posts along with some new scans over the weekend. Hope everyone is staying warm in this frigid cold!

Pali

Quote Originally Posted by Pali K View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. Been tied up at work and I hope to resume my posts along with some new scans over the weekend. Hope everyone is staying warm in this frigid cold!

Pali
    Not a worry Pali, ive just discovered this thread so there plenty to sift through.
    As a V800 user, ive never tried 6400dpi and usually topped out at 3200, but now I might give it a go!

Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd Home-Rustbelt is Home Base

These test patterns are crazy priced. Here is one that looks good on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffen-DANE...v~E:rk:95:pf:0

Here are a couple more

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-Larg...KFM:rk:30:pf:0

They are large size 11 x 17. I happen to have an 11 x 17 scanner as well.

But I don't know if they are any good.

We should pool some $ and buy them to put up hi-res copies on the Internet Archive.

I'd chip in $15.

Edmonds prices are ridiculous.

Here are some test pattern I use for printing. But I could only find low res online.

https://archive.org/details/PrinterT....TeoliJr.A.C.2

Yes. Edmonds has some very good products.

It also sells this target i plan to buy. I like the size and price. Cheaper than your posts.

https://www.edmundoptics.com/f/resol...r-chart/11903/
    Tin Can

If you want a legitimately free test chart designed for lens testing you could use this one: https://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~we...res-chart.html

It's based on the old standard and definitely is not a substitute for an actual ISO 12233:2014 chart, but for some purposes it gets the job done. I needed a consistent target when I was evaluating lenses for my APS-C tilt-shift setup, so I printed four and mounted them in a group in a semi-permanent location. This allowed me to make rough and ready apples-to-apples comparisons of how the lenses I was evaluating did under various amounts of shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    To me the EPSON requires a 2.5pix 50% sharpening radius to match a bit, and a little touch in the curves shaping in S.

Thanks for the tip, that works well for me too in my scanning results! (Silverfast @6400dpi).
    Prior to that I had more modest sharpening, 0.5pix 200%.