Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! I can't open my new B&W King 4x5 tank...

Re: Help! I can't open my new B&W King 4x5 tank...

Try placing the tank in very cold water and allow it to contract slightly then pour boiling hot water on the lid but not the tank, it should expand slightly to allow you to separate the two. Use rubber dish washing gloves for grip (traction)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Try tapping the lid edge on wood, just like a stubborn jar of jam

My NIKKOR version is also tight, which controls leaks
    The easiest and most effective way!

https://www.bw-king.com

Hello, Mr. Liu!
    Yes, nice and low-impact, and it was the first thing I tried (a few times). It didn't work.
    It was the idea of tapping it out along the vertical axis that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by bw-man View Post
    The easiest and most effective way!

Hello again, Mr. Liu.

Thanks for your kind reply and for your concern.
    Please, no need to apologize and certainly no need for a new tank. It ended up being a minor misadventure that resulted in a good strong stuck.
    As I replied in my email to you, that tank stood up to all that abuse with flying colours! An endurance test! And it still shines.
    I remain impressed with the quality of the workmanship.

And, I rather had fun with it. Another story.
    Therefore, I respectfully decline the offer of a new tank.
    Thank you for your kind consideration.

All the best to you!

Michael T. in snowy Ottawa.

Dear Mike Té

When I heard from you, I quickly went to this forum and saw the various approaches you've taken since you met B&W KING.Be moved by your persistence and seriousness.
    A small problem with the shipping packaging of B&W KING has brought you so much trouble.As the product representative of B&W KING, I apologize to you.
    In order to eliminate the regret brought to you, I will send you the new B&W KING 4x5 Tank for free, and the freight and transportation costs will be borne by all B&W KING.Please send the receiving address, telephone number and other information to my email.
    B&W KING is responsible for every product, and B&W KING is responsible for every big-frame photographer, and that's a promise I should keep.
    I would also like to thank the photographers from various countries for their attention and support to B&W KING.
    If any photographers have any problems with B&W KING, please feedback to me in time, and I will solve them in time.
    Because I don't know English, this is a computer translation, there may be a mistake, please understand
    Best wishes.

Dear Mike Té

When I heard from you, I quickly went to this forum and saw the various approaches you've taken since you met B&W KING.Be moved by your persistence and seriousness.
    A small problem with the shipping packaging of B&W KING has brought you so much trouble.As the product representative of B&W KING, I apologize to you.
    In order to eliminate the regret brought to you, I will send you the new B&W KING 4x5 Tank for free, and the freight and transportation costs will be borne by all B&W KING.Please send the receiving address, telephone number and other information to my email.
    B&W KING is responsible for every product, and B&W KING is responsible for every big-frame photographer, and that's a promise I should keep.
    I would also like to thank the photographers from various countries for their attention and support to B&W KING.
    If any photographers have any problems with B&W KING, please feedback to me in time, and I will solve them in time.
    Because I don't know English, this is a computer translation, there may be a mistake, please understand
    Best wishes.

Excellent customer service, always good to know which business owners take responsibility for their products.

Dear Mike Te
    On March 23, I have sent B&W KING 4x5 Tank via China post EMS, I believe you will receive it soon in Canada.
    Free delivery of B&W KING 4x5 Tank, to ensure you use the perfect product, this is really thank you for supporting B&W KING, and also to fulfill my promise, I hope you can accept and understand.
    B&W KING is responsible for every product and B&W KING is responsible for every photographer user.I will try to create B&W KING as a product that large format photographers are happy with.
    I hope you can give me feedback of your experience and establish a friendly relationship.
    Best wishes!
    Liu junjie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LX076981011CN-2020-03-23-canada.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	202327

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l400.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	202328

http://www.bw-king.com

Great customer service. Very good to know.