Page 607 of 655 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Yes indeed, is inch vs. metric but the holders are identical outside. I have 4x5 and 9x12; 5x7 and 13x18; 8x10 and 18x24. 18x24 holder was not easy to find, now there are some on ebay.de with a very high price. In Europe the xray film is only metric in all sizes, I have 13x18 and 18x24 Kodak MXG, still very cheap and available (10 EUR 13x18 and 19 EUR 18x24 + VAT) but I have the feeling that it will not last long and go extinct.

So I want to buy a box (5x100), keep it in the freezer, and forget about it. But if I spend all this money and space in the freezer I prefer to buy the better one, the sigle sided mamo. I have a box of Ektascan BR/A and now regret I didn't bought more because is gone. I don't buy real film, too expensive, for "real" film I prefer Instax.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    I am also interested in knowing if there’s other single sided x-ray film still available — I don’t know the answer to your question, but I do know that UM-MA comes in 18x24 cm (and 24x30) which based on what I researched, will not fit an 8x10 holder, it will fall out. You would need a 18x24cm (7x9”) holder and a back that supports it. For these reasons I stopped considering UM-MA.

The only single sided X-ray film I’m aware of right now is (and it even has antihalation) is Agfa’s Radiomat Duplicating X-ray such as the one found here:

https://www.graylinemedical.com/prod...er-box-pcd1114

But its price competes with non X-ray film, so why bother.

(Care stream also has a comparable duplicating film:
    https://www.carestream.cn/de/de/-/me...g-film-tds.pdf)

It’d be nice to hear if others are aware of other single sided options still available.

I got word from the Fuji distributor, the film is still available, at least one more batch will arrive next month at the price of 50 USD +VAT/box with a minimum order of 5 boxes (a case). So, I'll buy a case and that's it (and some regular MXG 13x18)

Single-sided is more convenient, as far as methods of development go, but I prefer the look of the double-sided green by a long shot. It responds great to yellow and green filters.

Quote Originally Posted by stiganas View Post
    Yes indeed, is inch vs. metric but the holders are identical outside.
    What holders do you use? The ones we normally use in LF cameras or the ones used in radiography to put under/near the pacient?

Kodak MXG, still very cheap and available (10 EUR 13x18 and 19 EUR 18x24 + VAT)
    Where can you get it at this price? Is there a distributor where I could order?

So I want to buy a box (5x100), keep it in the freezer, and forget about it. But if I spend all this money and space in the freezer I prefer to buy the better one, the sigle sided mamo. I have a box of Ektascan BR/A and now regret I didn't bought more because is gone.
    I would buy 500.
    I have some T-Mat GR/A, but not tried until now. Curious what it can do. It is a dental film.

L.E.: Care esti, mai? Acuma vad ca esti din RO. Ma bucur.

Normal LF holders work fine. I tested 18x24 and 13x18 xray film that fit the holders without any cutting.

The distributor for Carestream is http://www.infomed-srl.ro/ and for Fuji is https://www.phm.ro/, i don't know if they ship outside Romania and if they sell only B2B

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Mezei View Post
    What holders do you use? The ones we normally use in LF cameras or the ones used in radiography to put under/near the pacient?
    Where can you get it at this price? Is there a distributor where I could order?
    I would buy 500.
    I have some T-Mat GR/A, but not tried until now. Curious what it can do. It is a dental film.

L.E.: Care esti, mai? Acuma vad ca esti din RO. Ma bucur.
    Da, sunt din RO, Bucuresti

Industrial X-Ray IS different

Just wasted a sheet, as I always do when testing

Well packaged, one white film per sealed pack. Thin lead lined paper, both sides, tear it open. The lead paper dents easily

I bet it is clear, but won't know until I process a sheet

99 sheets to go!

Film is 5X7 Plate size, which means it is exactly 5X7 and drops into a plate holder, but not a 5X7 Film holder

Shiny white one side, dull white the other, round corners, no notch
    Tin Can

Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Film is 5X7 Plate size, which means it is exactly 5X7 and drops into a plate holder, but not a 5X7 Film holder
    What about a 13x18 cm film holder?

Sinar Norma 18x24 Lisco Holders XRAY by Nokton48, on Flickr

I bought a bunch of 9x12, 13x18, and 18x24 Norma Holders in Europe mainly Germany Yes they were 'spensive but worth it IMO. 18x24cm Kodak Mammo film I have 400+ sheets so good for a while.

The 18x24 all came from France I have a couple of emulsion numbers. I've heard it stores very well and I may well freeze all but a box of each.

Recently I placed a big order with PhotoImpex in Germany and they are pleasant and cool to deal with. Bought five different flavours of 13x18. They had everything but Delta 100 in stock.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

I've been using xray films now since 2008. I took some double-sided green along with me on a shoot a couple weeks ago, and made a video of it. I compare side by side shots with 8x10 panchromatic film, HP5 (my main LF film).