Page 153 of 655 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    8x10 kodak csg, @100, 1:100 Rodinal for 6.30 minutes

Scan-130511-0003www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr
    You have the most interesting imagination. Thank you for posting your many images in this thread.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    eh? Just stick filter on top of your sensor. For spot - on spot. See how far it now off from "clear" reading. You got yourself compensation.
    Exactly Ian, I routinely hold my filters over my handheld meter because I can never, ever remember how many stops to compensate for. Just take a reading without the filter, then meter the same subject with the filter held over the meter lens and take another reading. Works every single time for tired brains....or...do it once for every filter then make a list. I keep forgetting to do that.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

[QUOTE=SergeiR;1025080]8x10 kodak csg, @100, 1:100 Rodinal for 6.30 minutes

Nice dof and proof anything can make an interesting image. I have been trying to find a still life I want to shoot, and here you show us chips!

With the junk I have, maybe I can find an interesting widgit.

Nice lesson!
    Tin Can

Newbie--Seattle Lite

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Greenhalgh View Post
    Cheers Randy, I'll try a yellow filter first and see what happens. I'll shoot the same scene with and without and post my results.

Anyone got any suggestion as to how much to compensate for a yellow filter with a blue sensitive film? I'm guessing 1 stop should be enough.
    (K2) Medium Yellow comp. would be 2 for regular B&W film. With double sided film I'm afraid you will have to go by trial and error. Hope this helps. Randy Delung ( the other Randy )

Ah, now 3 Randy's.

Thank goodness I chose to use my full name, and it's short, maybe I will change to R Moe, as many call me that. The nice ones at least...

Quote Originally Posted by rdelung View Post
    (K2) Medium Yellow comp. would be 2 for regular B&W film. With double sided film I'm afraid you will have to go by trial and error. Hope this helps. Randy Delung ( the other Randy )
    Tin Can

Finally able to digitize one of my first XRay shots:, and it is actually one of my first 8x10 shots.

Fuji HRT, Processed in Sprint -Std 1-9-_ in a Beseler Drum. I had to strip the back side with bleach because huge spots didn't develop (think I'll stick to trays from now on). Scanned in 4 segments with an Epson 4870 - looking for an 8x10 scanner now!

From what I've seen of the spectrographs, blue x-ray film is mildly orthochromatic, green is fully orthochromatic. My old Ansco data guide says for Super Plenachrome and Plenachrome <similar to green x-ray film>, for sunlight use a 5X factor, for tungsten, use 3X, I would start with 3X and move on to 5X if necessary. 3X, for the younger set, means three times the normal exposure with a medium yellow filter

Wow! nice image, and I love how it looks like a miniature!

[QUOTE=gdi;1025240]Finally able to digitize one of my first XRay shots:, and it is actually one of my first 8x10 shots.

Fuji HRT, Processed in Sprint -Std 1-9-_ in a Beseler Drum. I had to strip the back side with bleach because huge spots didn't develop (think I'll stick to trays from now on). Scanned in 4 segments with an Epson 4870 - looking for an 8x10 scanner now!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by md99 View Post
    You have the most interesting imagination. Thank you for posting your many images in this thread.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

Nice dof and proof anything can make an interesting image. I have been trying to find a still life I want to shoot, and here you show us chips!

With the junk I have, maybe I can find an interesting widgit.

Nice lesson!
    thanks, guys To be honest - it was byproduct of me, trying hand with old C-22 stock, (1st attempt - major failure).. Shot this as just an idea, spurred of ye old Weston's peppers some time ago.

Cheers Randys etc for the advice. It's an old Zeiss Ikon 40.5mm yellow so not sure what it is. I'll try to pit it over the cell on my weston but the filter is quite a lot smaller than the cell so might be problematic.