Page 133 of 655 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Lee Smathers

Re: Images shot on X-ray film

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Gad Lee!

Don't scare us like that. It is always so odd to finally see an image of someone we have only written with. I see Changhwan has the bug.

I hope, Changhwan, becomes a wonderful photographer!
    Indeed, Randy. I showed Changhwan your self portraits. It was nice to put a face with your name.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Ok.. here is odd duck one.
    If that's a duck I'll start raising ducks.

Lovely shot, Sergei. You certainly know some exceptional models.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    If that's a duck I'll start raising ducks.

Lovely shot, Sergei. You certainly know some exceptional models.

- Leigh
    Thanks. Actually this was first time when i got chance to meet her and shoot.. We kept conversing about trying something for forever, but it kinda kept getting postponed. I am going to start processing rest of film tomorrow - got stack of holders to go through from 4 sittings, as i am getting couple of each at the time..

This is one from day before, usual Rodinal 1+100, 7:30.. Convertible Symmar 300mm

Scan-130414-0010www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by photoevangelist View Post
    Just finished up my first box of 100 sheets of Fuji HR-A and picked up a second one.
    Student portraits are going well. I haven't made any contact prints yet. I'm going to do all the shooting first, then contact print - and schedule any re-do shoots. I've got around 30 portraits finished. It's contract renewal time, so I thought I'd take a picture with x-ray of my ugly mug to put on my updated resume. This isn't a purists self portrait. I had Changhwan, our TA, who is getting ready to take the dive into 8x10 help frame my face with the crude facial outline drawing I have on the back of my ground glass.
    Fuji HR-A @160 + Yellow Filter, Rodinal 1:50, 4 min (tray developed), Contact printed on Ilford RC Paper with a #2 filter
    Worked quite nicely.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Lee, so now I'll recognize you! Sorry, but I prefer Sergi's models and you sure won't see my aging mug anytime soon. Instead I'll have to post this one. Not a lovely as the models but what can I do. Half speed blue with the 305 Kodak Portrait lens wide open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails three-trumphets.jpg  

Very nice Jim, so we don't need to save those portrait lenses for people...

btw, some of us do know what you look like!
    Tin Can

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Lee, so now I'll recognize you! Sorry, but I prefer Sergi's models and you sure won't see my aging mug anytime soon. Instead I'll have to post this one. Not a lovely as the models but what can I do. Half speed blue with the 305 Kodak Portrait lens wide open.
    Jim, I'm relieved that you prefer Sergi's models. Anyone that didn't would have to have their head checked.

We got the 12" 4.5 Ektar for Changhwan, the TA. He's going to be doing still lifes. Is it anything like the Kodak portrait lens?

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    Thanks. Actually this was first time when i got chance to meet her and shoot.. We kept conversing about trying something for forever, but it kinda kept getting postponed. I am going to start processing rest of film tomorrow - got stack of holders to go through from 4 sittings, as i am getting couple of each at the time..

This is one from day before, usual Rodinal 1+100, 7:30.. Convertible Symmar 300mm

Scan-130414-0010www by Sergei Rodionov, on Flickr
    Sergei, I have a Symmar 300 convertible, does yours have coarse filter threads rather than fine? I just got mine, it was used very little and is like new in the blue box. The filter threads are course so getting filters is going to be interesting. Schneider says converted to 500mm it's a little soft and perfect for portraits. Have you used it converted? Beautiful photo by the way!
    Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Sergei, I have a Symmar 300 convertible, does yours have coarse filter threads rather than fine? I just got mine, it was used very little and is like new in the blue box. The filter threads are course so getting filters is going to be interesting. Schneider says converted to 500mm it's a little soft and perfect for portraits. Have you used it converted? Beautiful photo by the way!
    Curt
    Thank you. Actually i got mine with bent filter rim which i have not tried to fix yet But yeah, i think its coarse thread, i will check a bit later tomorrow (lens in car, and i am just too lazy to go there ).
    In all honesty - i never tried to use it at 500mm other than to figure out its focusing range and decided "meh". But then "soft" is great for portraits , isnt it
    I mean i have 360mm Symmar-S and its too damn sharp, imho. Hell, even heliar with all its portraity goodness can give one razor sharp results at certain distances and apertures.

Hmm.. I am about to order couple more boxes of film (went through first 100 like maniac and now about half way through another box..).
    So question: did anyone compared difference in response between blue film and green one? Like side to side? I so far used CSG (green) but i am getting curious about blue one (albeit its a bit pricier).