Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20x24'' Chamonix field camera

Re: 20x24'' Chamonix field camera

I think Anton has the world's first modern 20X24 enlarger, so he may go big!

Quote Originally Posted by cp_photo View Post
    That is so awesome. Those negatives will make nice contact prints. How to you plan to print them?
    Tin Can

Very nice Anton!

Yes, excellent news! Analog photography is NOT dead and we are a few in the world to work at the max possibilities of it;-)

Here is my 20x24 Argentum camera, a very nice one, i manipulate it completely alone: http://www.galerie-photo.com/travail...bre-50x60.html

BTW Anton, you use the 770mm xxl Schneider? I have the 550mm.

This is absolutely fantastic.

Zebra

I look forward to sending you a couple of my 20x24 negs to print! We will have to talk. Congratulations Anton! All your hard work paying off!

Monty

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

You could also use the enlarger as an ensmaller, and make 8x10 prints from 20x24 negatives. You almost have to, just to say you did...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

I prefer the idea of a giant print, some 20x24 negs have so much details, that it is possible to make a very very big print with sharp details...

Quote Originally Posted by mamanton View Post
    We are going to enlarge the ULF negatives since we have a new MAMONT LED 20x24'' enlarger. Next video will be about it.
    Some photos are here https://www.largeformatphotography.i...nlarger/page17
    When I commented I hadn't realized that you are that lucky guy with the incredible 20x24 enlarger. I want one along with a 20x24 camera too. I am delighted that it seems possible to order a new 20x24 camera and enlarger in 2018. Maybe if I sell my apartment in California I can afford to join the elite club of people with these awesome cameras and very impressive enlargers.

I have a 12" long reduction cone for Elwood 8X10/5X7 ensmaller, never tried it, but just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    You could also use the enlarger as an ensmaller, and make 8x10 prints from 20x24 negatives. You almost have to, just to say you did...
    Tin Can

Drew Wiley

Now all you need is a solid selfie stick capable of holding that camera at arm's length.

I have to admit it that I have always yearned to own and use a 16x20 or 20x24 Chamonix. Being able to shoot solo was my tipping point, so settled for an 11x14 Chamonix. Bought the 11x14 Chamonix a few years ago and haven't looked back (with absolutely no regrets). Working from the back of my mid-sized SUV has been very doable within maybe 100 feet from the back of the SUV. A large Ries tripod with a Ries head carried over the shoulder. Camera, lenses, film holders and more reside in a modified large vintage Sinar case which I can "easily" also carry. For longer distances from the automobile, employ a wheeled luggage carrier to carry the large vintage Sinar case. Previously used and still do use a Linhof Heavy Duty Tripod when shooting close to the back of my SUV, but the large Ries is just a lot easier to carry any distance from the back of the SUV. My best decision years ago when pros were switching from film to digital was to buy up long Dagors and Protars at bargain prices. Selling some of them a few years ago more than paid for my 11x14 Chamonix. Kept 2 of them, and after having the shutters "tuned up", now use them on my 11x14. Both have more coverage than I have ever needed to employ. Who knows, maybe there will be a 20x24 Chamonix in my future... already have the tripod and lenses for it! Would love to hear other member's stories about shooting ULF. Around here in southern New England, it's a rare sight to see someone shooting even with a 4x5.