Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graflex 4x5 polaroid back, can I still get film?

Graflex 4x5 polaroid back, can I still get film?

I have a Sinar F 4x5 and I shoot mostly portraits. I like to shoot a roll of 120 in a holga during shoots for memory's but thought it would be fun to have a polaroid back to do the same. Are there any options that take film that's still relativity easy to get? I found a variety of 2x3 films on B&H but I have no idea what I can load into a polaroid back or if there are different types of polaroid backs for different types of flim. Found a bunch of "Land camera 545" backs but dont see Polaroid 545 film anywhere.
    Ryan Mills

Re: Graflex 4x5 polaroid back, can I still get film?

Ryan,
    the Polaroid 545 back took single sheets of Polaroid 4x5 sheet film- Type 52, 55, etc. Since Polaroid's bankruptcy, all those films have been out of production for several years, and 545 backs are now good as paperweights or maybe doorstops. The backs were also good for Kodak Readyload films, also long gone. Someone else will have to chime in to tell you about what instant (Fuji) options still exist.

Thanks, Does anyone know if there is a type of back that will take Fujifilm FP-100C?
    Ryan Mills

Yeah, they're called Polaroid 405 or Fuji 145. They go for a pretty penny on the auction site now, since FP-100C/3000B are the only instant film left on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmills View Post
    Thanks, Does anyone know if there is a type of back that will take Fujifilm FP-100C?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

You can buy a brand new Fuji PA-145 back from Japan Exposures for about $200. While it's a bit smaller than 4x5, it's good stuff, and about 1/2 the price of the now-discontinued FP-100C45 film.

Unfortunately, there just aren't enough people using instant film and view cameras for 100C45 to be produced at a profit. At least there's an alternative.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Yeah, I just bought a Polaroid 405 off ebay for $200.

I want to show my son Polaroid photos using my Crown Graphic.

He was hearing about Polaroid photos on the internet and asked me what they were all about.

Thanks, this might be a stupid question but I assume it holds the whole pack of 8 or 10 shots. Once its loaded and put into the camera can I still pull it out and recompose a shot between shots?
    Ryan Mills

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmills View Post
    Thanks, this might be a stupid question but I assume it holds the whole pack of 8 or 10 shots. Once its loaded and put into the camera can I still pull it out and recompose a shot between shots?
    Comes with a dark slide so the answer is yes :-)

4*5 fuji instant film hasn't been discontinued. You can still order it fresh from Japan. I haven't tried it myself, but it should fit in a 550 polaroid back. I got one of those used for 70 $ including shipping to Denmark from the US (I was lucky and got a lot of expired 4*5 B/W polaroid film very cheap at a fleamarket here in Denmark)

It has been discontinued; the stuff you can buy in Japan now are remaining stock. Once they are gone, there will be no more.