Page 30 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    The Fader will work with a full spectrum camera just like a visual one so it is potentially useful to help understand your possibilities with both fully visual and full spectrum cameras, or for that matter with any high red filter such as the 590 mm, 620 nm or 680 mm, or even the 720 nm.

The filter is good enough for making images, though I believe there is be a slight loss in sharpness compared to a simple optical filter.

Sandy
    Thanks Sandy, that is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post

Foreshadow by tuco, on Flickr

M9, Zeiss 35mm, R72
    Very nice image.

One of the reasons why I enjoy IR photography is because it provides me with an excuse to go a little bit crazy in Photoshop and convert a ho-hum, boring, casual snapshot taken as I walked my dog into an apocalyptic, Gates of Hell drama while maintaining a completely clear conscience, because the original photo bore very little resemblance to reality to begin with...

JG

More of my photos can be seen at my photo-blog here: https://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

The Estonian Evangelical Martin Luther Church, 1914
    [I took this in the pouring rain.]

Dells of the Eau Claire River
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Very nice image.
    Thanks Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post

The Estonian Evangelical Martin Luther Church, 1914
    [I took this in the pouring rain.]
    Peter, I love this image! And to think this was only about 105 miles from my hometown of Ironwood Michigan. I could have driven right by it in my youth!

Thanks, Jon. It's not easy to find! I only know about it because there's a Facebook group for these types of places in Wisconsin. Someone commented in the group that he grew up in the closest town, and he didn't know about it. It's a 3 hour drive for me. I wish I could've photographed more, but the rain was heavy. It only let up for a few minutes. I'll try to get back soon, though. You can go inside. Some volunteers are fixing the roof and doing some other work. There's no glass in any of the windows. It's really amazing that it's still there. Old growth timber is pretty tough.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Okay, lens testing again. I finally had some time to test my Nikkor 24-70 mm f/2.8 E AFS ED VR lens again. This time I took off the UV filter to see if it was the cause of the slight hot-spots I was seeing at some f-stops. As I mentioned in a previous post, the hot-spots I was getting with my Sigma 24-70 went away when I removed the UV filter. Anyway, the same thing happened with the Nikkor! No more minor hot-spots!

Here are a couple of examples with the Nikkor. You may recognize the first image, I made the same image with the Sigma.

The second image is looking back from the other side of the tree in the first image. You can see the clock on the Summerville Town Hall.

Jon, I'm glad that you figured it out!