Page 619 of 696 FirstFirst ... 119519569609617618619620621629669 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 6958

Thread: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

Re: What did you compose at Waters Edge?

About two months ago I had a chance to road trip through the mountains here in Colorado for a day. I took my Gibellini Proxima, Schneider Tele-Arton 360 f/5.5, Schneider (Caltar II) 210 f/5.6, Astragon 90mm f/6.8, and Komura 75mm f//6.3. I think those are the apertures on the Astragon and Komra, anyway. Here are some shots from that day with some notes about them.

Komura 75mm, no movements (of course, with this lens), Ektachrome 100, 1/8th at f/22. Random alpine lake south of Leadville.

Same lake, same lens, same film, 1/4 at f/45.

Same film, Schneider 210, 1/60th at f/8, Granite Colorado from the shore of the river that runs past it.

I'll post a few more in a separate post.

Cascade Falls from down in the water (I realize this isn't technically water's edge and may be stretching the parameters of the thread), Atomic-X developed in Microdol-X (LegacyPro Mic-X) +3 for 23 minutes, Astragon 90, 1/4 at f/16

Agnes Vaille Falls, still frozen, Ektachrome 100, Schneider 210, f/~95 (stopped the Copal 1 all the way down, way past the f/45 mark) for 1/4. There's a thin wisp of water up near the top that I was trying to blur.

Just to post a photo taken with each lens, here's one more of Agnes Vaille Falls, Schendier 360mm f/5.5 Tele-Arton, Ektachrome 100, 1/5th (Compur 3 shutter, so old timing calculations) at f/65. Fun fact about this lens, I picked it up recently unused NoS. It had been in a camera store's back room (along with a boatload of other LF and MF NoS gear of the same era) unsold and forgotten about for decades. This was the second photo taken with that lens (the first doesn't meet the requirements of the thread.) Just a fun thing. It's not often that I buy a film camera lens new (well, unused and in the original box.)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iXmXk1] [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/156629749@N02/]
    Deardorff 5x7, Dagor 8 1/4", FP4+, print on Foma Variant lll.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Cameras View Post

Cascade Falls from down in the water (I realize this isn't technically water's edge and may be stretching the parameters of the thread), Atomic-X developed in Microdol-X (LegacyPro Mic-X) +3 for 23 minutes, Astragon 90, 1/4 at f/16

Agnes Vaille Falls, still frozen, Ektachrome 100, Schneider 210, f/~95 (stopped the Copal 1 all the way down, way past the f/45 mark) for 1/4. There's a thin wisp of water up near the top that I was trying to blur.

Just to post a photo taken with each lens, here's one more of Agnes Vaille Falls, Schendier 360mm f/5.5 Tele-Arton, Ektachrome 100, 1/5th (Compur 3 shutter, so old timing calculations) at f/65. Fun fact about this lens, I picked it up recently unused NoS. It had been in a camera store's back room (along with a boatload of other LF and MF NoS gear of the same era) unsold and forgotten about for decades. This was the second photo taken with that lens (the first doesn't meet the requirements of the thread.) Just a fun thing. It's not often that I buy a film camera lens new (well, unused and in the original box.)
    Those blues ��

. . Seal Rocks, Oregon
    . . Seal Rocks, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr. . Neg# COOR 026b. Self made 5x7 camera, (split 5x7 film = 6x17 format). 90mm lens, Yg filter. FP4 film. 1991

The camera here... https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...ne-’93.155715/

Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhold Schable View Post
    . . Seal Rocks, Oregon
    . . Seal Rocks, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr. . Neg# COOR 026b. Self made 5x7 camera, (split 5x7 film = 6x17 format). 90mm lens, Yg filter. FP4 film. 1991

The camera here... https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...217;93.155715/

Reinhold
    Lovely shot, Reinhold. I like that format.

Radiation Cascades
    Intrepid 4x5 "Black," 150mm f/9 G-Claron, T-Max 100 dev'd in Rodinal 1:50, N-1.5

This was a place I've been itching to go back to. The road was damaged the first time, making the trip a grueling 7 mile hike in the height of summer last year. But they recently repaired the road and so it was just a pleasant mile or so down to a pair of waterfalls in a local WMA. I've unofficially renamed them to "Radiation Falls," hence my title, as this scene was found in-between the upper and lower falls. The name comes from the fact that this WMA used to be a classified nuclear testing facility. They irradiated the surrounding area to see what this would do to local flora and fauna. Now it's a rather poorly-marked WMA mostly used for camping and hunting. The bright sun illuminating the leaves and open water area, gradually turning into dappled light on the cascades, evokes a bit of the history of the place to me.
    Last edited by Corran; 10-May-2020 at 20:34.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Jeffery Dale Welker

ALCOVES 69, 70, 71 v.1 - Gillespie Dam, Arizona

ALCOVES 69, 70, 71 v.1 - Gillespie Dam, Arizona by Jeff D. Welker, on Flickr

Arca-Swiss 4x5 | Ilford Ilfotch DDX | Illford FP4+ | B+W Orange MRC 040M Filter | Nikkor-M 300mm f/9
    "I have this feeling of walking around for days with the wind knocked out of me." - Jim Harrison

Nice image Bryan...and (irradiation aside!), it evokes for me exactly the kind of place I've been thinking about...especially often these days it seems, as where I want to/need visit (and visit often) over the upcoming Summer months. And if it does not happen, well, at least I've got images such as these to transport me when needed - so thank you!

Thank you for the kind words John, and I hope the summer is milder for you than it generally is for us down here .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome