Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Medium-Format Digital Images

Borrowed Time

Hasselblad 501CM + 80/2.8 CF + CFV-50c

Re: Borrowed Time

That's probably the most "non-Floridian" shot I've seen--I can't believe it's anywhere south of the Chesapeake. Wonderful color palette, though--hope the greens print for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    That's probably the most "non-Floridian" shot I've seen--I can't believe it's anywhere south of the Chesapeake. Wonderful color palette, though--hope the greens print for you.
    Thanks CB.

It was a very unique weather day as I stated in the previous photo. The fog was thicker than I had ever experienced there before, and this was around 2pm! As far as printing goes I have not printed the image yet. I use ImagePrint and have never experienced a color shift. I do however choose between a thick matte paper and a baryta paper depending upon details, mood and color palette. I will print one on each paper to see how it looks. I am more interested in the mood than the details.

Thank you again for your kind comments!

Best regards,
    Darr

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    I am more interested in the mood than the details.
    Excellent, that clump of grass at lower left and the chop/horizon line strike me as especially "painterly."

BTW, these "native format" digital shots reminded me that there are a few Sinar bits-and-bobs on the auction site that would let you cobble together a 5x7 Norma. Of course, I keep trying to get Bryan just to buy a 5x7 Walker Titan XL and couple it with a 6x17 Canham RFB. (Being Scots-Irish means I'm great at spending everyone's money but my own.)

Medium-Format Digital Images

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Excellent, that clump of grass at lower left and the chop/horizon line strike me as especially "painterly."

BTW, these "native format" digital shots reminded me that there are a few Sinar bits-and-bobs on the auction site that would let you cobble together a 5x7 Norma. Of course, I keep trying to get Bryan just to buy a 5x7 Walker Titan XL and couple it with a 6x17 Canham RFB. (Being Scots-Irish means I'm great at spending everyone's money but my own.)
    CB I had a 5x7 camera in the past and while I find the format nice, it is not for me. I would have to put too much money into all the other essentials with film and processing and in the end, the 4x5 format suits me well. I do have a 6x17 pano back that does fine on my Linhof MT, but I find I actually like 6x12 better. I recently purchased a Cambo Wide 650 for pano shooting with my 6x12 back and will be working with it in the near future. As always, I appreciate your insights!

Darr

That's a lovely image, Darr!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    That's a lovely image, Darr!
    Thank you Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    I recently purchased a Cambo Wide 650 for pano shooting with my 6x12 back and will be working with it in the near future.
    Excellent, if you've got some tricks up your sleeve for using 1:2 in terms of composition, I'd be love to hear them...as much as I dig 1:2.5, for anything other than a planar subject I often find myself grasping at straws.

Re: Medium-Format Digital Images

Hasselblad 501CM + 80/2.8 CF + CFV-50c (x3 stitched)