Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Best Photograph from the Previous Month - Critique and Discussion Encouraged

Re: Your Best Photograph from the Previous Month - Critique and Discussion Encouraged

Finally got some printing done...here is one of the best. My old PhotoShop 5 won't work on my new Mac, so I used some lightweight software on the image...quality questionable. it holds up to about 10" wide on my screen.

A 5.5"x14" platinum/palladium print. Zion National Park. Looking west towards sunset. Film exposed April 2019.

Chamonix 11x14 with modified darkslide, Fuji W 360mm, no filter, FP4+ in PyrocatHD

Print on HPR paper using warm Potassium oxalate developer. I am having some rust issues in my pipes -- got a black spot, so I'll probably reprint one of these days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zion5x14.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Re: Your Best Photograph from the Previous Month - Critique and Discussion Encouraged

Best shot of the ones I took from the tower at the Louisiana State Capitol. Film scan, Maco 820IR R72 filter ei 1; Rodinal 1:50. 150mm lens on my Ebony 4x5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7FED24E8-A1C1-4CB9-879A-EDB785012E3E.jpg  

Nice vantage point, Gary.
    Looks like a long lens and a multi-shot panorama might be fun to do from there...I do not know if using IR film would make that a bigger challenge.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
    Best shot of the ones I took from the tower at the Louisiana State Capitol. Film scan, Maco 820IR R72 filter ei 1; Rodinal 1:50. 150mm lens on my Ebony 4x5.
    Tin Can

Vaughn, I keep coming back to look at your print. Would love to see it larger, or in person. I think I see the black spot, but it hardly detracts. Let me know if you want to dispose of the print though .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Vaughn, thats a great print

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Finally got some printing done...here is one of the best. My old PhotoShop 5 won't work on my new Mac, so I used some lightweight software on the image...quality questionable. it holds up to about 10" wide on my screen.

A 5.5"x14" platinum/palladium print. Zion National Park. Looking west towards sunset. Film exposed April 2019.

Chamonix 11x14 with modified darkslide, Fuji W 360mm, no filter, FP4+ in PyrocatHD

Print on HPR paper using warm Potassium oxalate developer. I am having some rust issues in my pipes -- got a black spot, so I'll probably reprint one of these days.

Nice vantage point, Gary.
    Looks like a long lens and a multi-shot panorama might be fun to do from there...I do not know if using IR film would make that a bigger challenge.
    I did shoot a couple of pano with my cellphone while I was playing around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19FBCBB1-0397-48E4-98D4-1E5C280634F8.jpg   D6959E48-3A06-4CAD-A481-E903AB3F6DC8.jpg  

Here is an image from Grand Canyon North this year. It is kinda emotional for me as are all of my Grand Canyon shots this year as i had been given a layoff notice just before I went. So it was hard to keep my head on straight standing on the edge of a 1000 foot drop off. But for the brief time waiting for the light to be right, etc, I was at peace but haunted at night with the possibility of losing everything and not being able to provide for my family and 7 year old son.

4x5 using a Chamonix 45H-1, 75mm Nikkor f/4.5@f/32 on Portra160. I have my thoughts on the image, but waiting to hear. I need to find a better way to post images. flicker and zenfolio seem to over saturate color images on upload.

Checkout the fuzzy rainbow on the far rim image center.

The only thing that sorta bugs me is the haze, but that is part of the scene. I may have tamed it myself. Otherwise, crisp image that for me, funnels me to the center.

Hang in there Steven

I have lost my way 3 times so far in my life

All I can advise is always procrastinate, meaning live today, sleep tonight and wake to a new day

I too have had very dark times

I just awoke from a tough dream that ended well and gave me great hope

God bless you and your family
    Tin Can