Thread: 405 Polaroid Back for 4x5

405 Polaroid Back for 4x5

Hey guys,

I'm interested in purchasing a 405 Polaroid Back for my Crown Graphic so that I can shoot the available 3.25x4.25 Fuji instant film.
    Of course, I'd love to shoot the 4x5 Fuji instant film, but it's getting harder and harder to find.

Does anyone know of a good place to find one online or, even better, does anyone here have one that they would be willing to sell?

Also, this is my first post on here, so forgive me if I'm posting this under the wrong category..

Thanks for any help!

Re: 405 Polaroid Back for 4x5

eBay is the first place I would look for a 405 holder. I was shocked a few weeks ago when I looked for one on there and saw what people are paying for them. $200 to $250 seems to be the going price. I suppose if you find one at a dealer they will want more than that. But I guess 405 holders aren't being made anymore, so prices may just go up as long as Fuji keeps making film for them.

Len

You could also post a "Want To Buy" ad in the classifieds here once you've been a member for 30 days.

$200 is basically the going rate on eBay and they show up quite regularly. I looked for a better deal for a few months but eventually had to give in a get one on eBay, it just showed up in the mail last week. If you watch APUG or this forum something will occasionally pop up for less than that, as I mentioned I had no luck but there were a couple that went for $125-150 right after I bought mine. I saw one new in the box get to $380 on eBay and not meet the seller's reserve!

Also keep your eyes out for the Fuji PA-145 back it is the same as the Polaroid 405. Although they normally sell for more.

Look at the bright side at least the film is reasonable at around $1 a pop. Expired and discontinued 4x5 instant film is going for $5-10 a sheet right now.

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

New Fuji PA-145 backs are available from Japan Exposuresfor 18,500 yen, which is about $200.00.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

I've got two that I'm selling. See them in the for sale section
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...5-film-holders

jadphoto

Quote Originally Posted by photonsoup View Post
    I've got two that I'm selling. See them in the for sale section
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...5-film-holders
    Can anyone confirm that these will work on a Sinar?

JD

JD
    This blog shows why it won't fin in a Sinar S2 http://reimphotoimage.blogspot.com/2...atability.html

I'm unfamiliar with Sinars so I don't know if they would work in any other models. Perhaps you can tell from the pictures.