Page 267 of 270 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2698

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

  1. #2661

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    I have an old Linhof 6x9 camera, modified and used in comunist Czechoslovakia as a professional camera till 1980s (with Mamiya Press backs), since new ones were unavailable.
    The camera itself seems quite old, S/N is 5171.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1897.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	231293

  2. #2662

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Loganville , GA
    Posts
    14,315

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo43 View Post
    I have an old Linhof 6x9 camera, modified and used in comunist Czechoslovakia as a professional camera till 1980s (with Mamiya Press backs), since new ones were unavailable.
    The camera itself seems quite old, S/N is 5171.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1897.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	231293
    Sorry, my records only go back to 1951 for the 23 cameras

  3. #2663
    Embdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    340

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Hello Bob, I have a post-war 5x7 Technika # 38362

  4. #2664

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Loganville , GA
    Posts
    14,315

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    Hello Bob, I have a post-war 5x7 Technika # 38362
    1950/51

  5. #2665
    Embdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    340

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    1950/51
    Thanks Bob. From what I have observed there are 3 versions/styles of the 5x7 III...
    First had a chrome rear standard lock knobs on the side and the RF housing just below, like the early 4x5... I have only seen a couple of these so it must have only lasted a single batch or so.
    Second had the knobs on top also with the chrome rear standard.
    Third style has a black anodized rear standard and no more bubble level built into the right side of the bed and the SN moved from the bed to the top shoe. This third style is the only style I have seen the color versions in - RED, GREY, - and though I have never seen it in 5x7 - GREEN and WHITE/IVORY was indicated in the catalog.

    Does the S/N info give any insight as to when each change may have occurred?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x7 Early knob type Technika III 107.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	231306 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 5x7 38128 later back 102.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	231307 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 5x7 39091 factory red 101.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	231309

  6. #2666

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Loganville , GA
    Posts
    14,315

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    Thanks Bob. From what I have observed there are 3 versions/styles of the 5x7 III...
    First had a chrome rear standard lock knobs on the side and the RF housing just below, like the early 4x5... I have only seen a couple of these so it must have only lasted a single batch or so.
    Second had the knobs on top also with the chrome rear standard.
    Third style has a black anodized rear standard and no more bubble level built into the right side of the bed and the SN moved from the bed to the top shoe. This third style is the only style I have seen the color versions in - RED, GREY, - and though I have never seen it in 5x7 - GREEN and WHITE/IVORY was indicated in the catalog.

    Does the S/N info give any insight as to when each change may have occurred?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x7 Early knob type Technika III 107.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	231306 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 5x7 38128 later back 102.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	231307 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 5x7 39091 factory red 101.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	231309
    No

  7. #2667

    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    1

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Hi Bob,

    I have recently inherited a Linhof within my family, and I was wondering which year Linhoff made this model and what kind of model it is, as I have slim to no knowledge regarding the subject.

    I appreciate any help you can provide.

    The serial number: 39692

  8. #2668

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Loganville , GA
    Posts
    14,315

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by topatemi View Post
    Hi Bob,

    I have recently inherited a Linhof within my family, and I was wondering which year Linhoff made this model and what kind of model it is, as I have slim to no knowledge regarding the subject.

    I appreciate any help you can provide.

    The serial number: 39692
    1956 Technika IV 5x7

  9. #2669

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Hello Bob,

    can you help me with a 13x18 Serial number 25466?

    Which type (III or IV) is it and production year?

    Regards,

    Frank

  10. #2670

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    Loganville , GA
    Posts
    14,315

    Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinchorro View Post
    Hello Bob,

    can you help me with a 13x18 Serial number 25466?

    Which type (III or IV) is it and production year?

    Regards,

    Frank
    Sorry, no record of that number.

Similar Threads

  1. Linhof serial number
    By Varakan Ten Tipprapa in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 9-Jun-2008, 05:44
  2. Kodak Lens Serial Numbers meaning?
    By Emile J Schwarz in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4-Jun-2002, 14:51
  3. Commercial Ektar serial numbers
    By Ron_673 in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6-Apr-2000, 16:26
  4. Deardorff serial numbers
    By Matthias Schneege in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-May-1999, 08:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •