Page 235 of 289 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2888

Thread: Linhof Serial Numbers

Re: Linhof Serial Numbers

Great - Thank you! Nice numbers

Hello Bob,

I received a tan coloured Technika V 4x5, serial number 2142363. What surprised me was that there is a Fresnel screen mounted between the ground glass an the lens, with the Fresnel engraving pointing to me, not to the lens. The grounded surface of the ground glass is pointing to the lens. There is a 0,5mm shim between the ground glass and the Fresnel screen. The Technika has the black metal rise lever of the later Technikas. I wonder if it is an older model or a newer ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Casper Lohenstein View Post
    Hello Bob,

I received a tan coloured Technika V 4x5, serial number 2142363. What surprised me was that there is a Fresnel screen mounted between the ground glass an the lens, with the Fresnel engraving pointing to me, not to the lens. The grounded surface of the ground glass is pointing to the lens. There is a 0,5mm shim between the ground glass and the Fresnel screen. The Technika has the black metal rise lever of the later Technikas. I wonder if it is an older model or a newer ...

Thanks
    I think someone recovered it.
    LInhof uses 4 rectangular shims mounted on a small screw to adjust position of the focus plane. Are those the shims you mentioned? If not, someone was tampering. Those Linhof shims float on top of the sharpened end of the screw so they are easy to displace or lose. You could always get new ones from any LInhof service center.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    That number is for a 1963 Super Technika IV but your picture is a III or possibly a wartime camera.
    Hello Bob.

Once more me ... I found a number on the lens board under the Linhof München logo. It says Nr. 2167. Does that fit to the camera and could it be the serial number of a Technika III?

Quote Originally Posted by MaSch View Post
    Hello Bob.

Once more me ... I found a number on the lens board under the Linhof München logo. It says Nr. 2167. Does that fit to the camera and could it be the serial number of a Technika III?
    1946 or 47 Technika lll.

Hello, thank you very much, Bob,

I don't know if anyone has recovered the camera. She is really good looking. Under the tan colored leathering there are all the metal washers that cover the housing openings. Between the leather and metal there is the old brown glue.

As for the ground glass, I compared the focus with the fresnel ground glass frame with another ground glass from a Linhof IV that does not have a fresnel lens. Both match, near and far. There seems to be a correct distance between the ground glass support and the support of the ground glass frame in the opening of the camera back.

The Fresnel screen lies on an extra support, with a distance of exactly 4 mm to the support of the ground glass frame. Next to the Fresnel lens are those 4 shims you mentioned, each 1 mm thick and fixed with these small screw tips. Normally, the ground glass should rest exactly on these shims. Then we would have exactly 5 mm between the support of the ground glass frame and the support of the ground glass, which, if I remember correctly, would correspond to the distance of the film to the cassette support in the Graflok back.

But now someone (Linhof, Marflex - it is an "American" Technika with distances in feet instead of meters) added additional plastic shims to both sides of the Fesnel lens, each 0.5 mm thick. The ground glass rests on these two plastic shims, so that in the end there is a gap of 5.5 mm between the support of the ground glass frame and the ground glass itself. That would be 0.5 mm too much!

Perhaps these two plastic shim serve to compensate for the refraction of the Fresnel lens between the ground glass and the lens? Does this hypothesis make sense?

What surprised me was that it was generally always said that only older Linhof Technika V had the Fresnel screen between the focusing screen and the lens. However, because this Technika V has the black metal lever to rise the lens, I suspected a younger model.

So we would have different modification stages:

1. first the Linhof V with plastic ratchet for rise. Fresnel screen between ground glass and lens.
    2. then the version with black metal ratchet for rise and with Fresnel screen between ground glass and lens.
    3. then the version with black metal ratchet for rise and with Fresnel screen between focusing screen and photographer.
    4. at the end, if I understood correctly, the version with black metal ratchet, Fresnel between focusing screen and photographer and black leather.

The Linhof Technika V seems to have had some rationalization in production. In contrast to the early Linhof Technika IV and the later Technika IV, I found in the Technika V focusing bed a lettering "Alu", as well as a round embossing stamp with an "8" and a quarter division. On the actual Technika V, there are 3 points in the first and 1 point in the second quarter. Could this be a stamp denoting april 1968? If this second hypothesis is wrong, the Linhof Technika mystery continues ...

Which is why I asked for the serial number 2142363.

Many greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Casper Lohenstein View Post
    Hello, thank you very much, Bob,

I don't know if anyone has recovered the camera. She is really good looking. Under the tan colored leathering there are all the metal washers that cover the housing openings. Between the leather and metal there is the old brown glue.

As for the ground glass, I compared the focus with the fresnel ground glass frame with another ground glass from a Linhof IV that does not have a fresnel lens. Both match, near and far. There seems to be a correct distance between the ground glass support and the support of the ground glass frame in the opening of the camera back.

The Fresnel screen lies on an extra support, with a distance of exactly 4 mm to the support of the ground glass frame. Next to the Fresnel lens are those 4 shims you mentioned, each 1 mm thick and fixed with these small screw tips. Normally, the ground glass should rest exactly on these shims. Then we would have exactly 5 mm between the support of the ground glass frame and the support of the ground glass, which, if I remember correctly, would correspond to the distance of the film to the cassette support in the Graflok back.

But now someone (Linhof, Marflex - it is an "American" Technika with distances in feet instead of meters) added additional plastic shims to both sides of the Fesnel lens, each 0.5 mm thick. The ground glass rests on these two plastic shims, so that in the end there is a gap of 5.5 mm between the support of the ground glass frame and the ground glass itself. That would be 0.5 mm too much!

Perhaps these two plastic shim serve to compensate for the refraction of the Fresnel lens between the ground glass and the lens? Does this hypothesis make sense?

What surprised me was that it was generally always said that only older Linhof Technika V had the Fresnel screen between the focusing screen and the lens. However, because this Technika V has the black metal lever to rise the lens, I suspected a younger model.

So we would have different modification stages:

1. first the Linhof V with plastic ratchet for rise. Fresnel screen between ground glass and lens.
    2. then the version with black metal ratchet for rise and with Fresnel screen between ground glass and lens.
    3. then the version with black metal ratchet for rise and with Fresnel screen between focusing screen and photographer.
    4. at the end, if I understood correctly, the version with black metal ratchet, Fresnel between focusing screen and photographer and black leather.

The Linhof Technika V seems to have had some rationalization in production. In contrast to the early Linhof Technika IV and the later Technika IV, I found in the Technika V focusing bed a lettering "Alu", as well as a round embossing stamp with an "8" and a quarter division. On the actual Technika V, there are 3 points in the first and 1 point in the second quarter. Could this be a stamp denoting april 1968? If this second hypothesis is wrong, the Linhof Technika mystery continues ...

Which is why I asked for the serial number 2142363.

Many greetings
    Sounds like someone shimmed the old Linhof Sper Screen prevent sagging. We squally suggested using a math stick under the long edge. This sounds like someone improved on that.

Unfortunately the manufacturer of the scree, Fresnel Optics, was unable to come up with an acrylic for us that would ot warp. Strange since they owned Beattie and the similar Beattie screen did not warp. That warping problem is why we discontinued the Super Screen and anyone that had a warped screen on their LInhof we replaced with a Linhof ground glass and fresnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    1946 or 47 Technika lll.
    Thank you Bob! And sorry for bothering you again, but now I know thanks to you what I own

hey may i have information about:
    Serial 6465130

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bnasht View Post
    hey may i have information about:
    Serial 6465130

thank you
    1996 Master Technika.